Chapter 33

Friday Evening: 9:00 P.M

3rd Person POV

Jihyo and Mina sat across from each other in a consultation room that they requested to use so that they could talk in private. Jihyo was playing with her hands which she rested on top of the table while staring at them. She remained silent as she tried to hold back from crying.

Jihyo and Tzuyu returned to the waiting room and asked to talk to Mina and Sana, respectively. Mina instantly knew that the outcome they all feared had become reality. She followed behind Jihyo and could sense the older woman's emotions from the way her shoulders were sunk and her feet that were dragging across the floor.

Mina continued to observe Jihyo as she sat across from the older woman. She wanted to speak up and console Jihyo but knew that it was probably best to wait for her to speak first. She felt pity and sadness for Jihyo. She thought that this plan was foolproof and now felt guilty for the outcome.

Jihyo looked up at Mina, "Y/N... She... rejected me... She... didn't even... let me say... anything...," she managed to say in a soft whisper as a tear rolled down the side of her cheek.

Mina felt her heart break seeing the sight of a teary Jihyo, "I am genuinely sorry that this is how everything turned out. I truly wanted the best for both of you. I expected that Y/N would have at least heard you out."

Jihyo shook her head as if to try to say that she did not blame Mina for what happened. Her lips began to tremble as she was moments away from sobbing. She clenched her fists together as if it was going to give her the power to control her emotions. She knew it was futile, but she had to try. She had to try to keep it together and not let herself fall into despair.

"I should be thanking you for helping me," Jihyo said as she choked on a mute sob, "At least I can take solace in knowing that Y/N actually remembers me," she said while forcing herself to smile.

Jihyo's smile faltered as she began to cry. Mina jumped up from her chair and ran around the table to pull Jihyo into a hug. Jihyo embraced the hug as she stopped caring about trying to control her emotions. Who could blame her? The love of her life, the person who mended her heart and made her life complete again, hated her. All she wanted to do was cry her heart out and then cry even more when she thought no more tears could come out.

Mina, for her part, also felt herself tearing up. She could not believe that she was seeing Jihyo, the CEO with a strong image and personality, in this vulnerable state. She knew blaming herself for this situation would not change anything, but she could not help herself from doing so.

"Let it out, Jihyo-nim. Let it all out. I am here for you," Mina gently said as she rubbed Jihyo's back.

Jihyo started sobbing even harder as she clutched Mina's shirt. She was at a complete loss on what to do. She was reliving the mental and emotional pain that her separation from Tzuyu caused her. This time was even worse as she had already been scarred from the previous experience.

Mina could sense the pain that Jihyo was going through. Not only because Jihyo's body was shaking, but the way she desperately held onto her shirt showed just how unstable she currently was. All Mina could do was continue to rub Jihyo's back and start saying calming phrases that she used with Y/N.

Mina separated from the hug after Jihyo calmed down, "I know this might not be what you want to hear right now, but you can't give up. Part of me believes that no matter how angry Y/N is, there is a part of her that still loves you. Please don't give up on that."

Jihyo shook her head as she smiled at Mina, "Thank you for the encouraging words, but I think I am just going to give up. I don't want to anger Y/N any further."