Prologue

A/N: This story has the potential to contain profanity and content that may be inappropriate, offensive or possibly triggering to some readers. I will try to put a warning for the latter, but the profanity will be sprinkled throughout the story. Now, let's get on to the story!

---

3rd Person POV

Jihyo went home early for the first time in a very long time. With the passing of her father, she was forced to take the mantle of CEO of her family's company, Park Incorporation, at the young age of 21. She was fresh out of college when she was suddenly placed, unprepared, into a position that she was not expecting to inherit for several years.

There were a lot of things for Jihyo to learn as the new CEO. Jihyo sacrificed much of what she wanted to do when she graduated from college to learn the ins and outs of Park Incorporation. Countless nights were spent in her office as she reviewed document after document, trying her best to understand what seemed like a foreign language.

Jihyo's girlfriend complained a lot about how they could not spend quality time together. Jihyo tried her best to spend as much time as she could with her girlfriend; but the reality was that her new CEO position took too much of her time, and she could not spend as much time as she wanted with her girlfriend. This strained their relationship, but Jihyo reassured her girlfriend that everything would be fine once she settled into her new position.

Jihyo walked into her penthouse condo that overlooked the city of Seoul and locked the door behind her. She removed her high heels and let out a sigh of relief after having to walk in them for the whole day. She took off her jacket and hung it up in the entranceway closet.

Jihyo stretched her aching neck as she walked into the living room. She haphazardly threw her bag on to the couch and headed straight for the kitchen to get a glass of water for herself. She placed the empty glass into the sink and headed back into the living room.

"That's weird..." Jihyo trailed off in a low voice as she looked around the room, "She should be home at this hour. Maybe she is in our bedroom."

Jihyo turned around and made her way towards her bedroom. She walked into the hallway leading to the bedroom and saw light coming from the crack below the closed door. A smile formed on Jihyo's face as she quickened her pace.

Jihyo stopped in front of the door and placed her hand on the doorknob. She was about to twist it when she heard what sounded like a moan coming from a voice that did not belong to her girlfriend. Her eyes widened in surprise, and she felt her heart froze momentarily. Her hands started getting sweaty as her mind was thrown into a frenzy.

Jihyo steeled her conscious and convinced herself to not jump to conclusions until she saw things with her own eyes. She closed her eyes, took in a deep breath of air before letting it slowly out, twisted the doorknob, and opened the door.

Jihyo opened her eyes. Tears started pouring from her eyes when she saw the scene of her girlfriend's naked body on top of another naked woman on their bed in front of her. It was clear that the two women had not heard the sound of the door opening as they were drowned in their sinful lust for each other.

The woman underneath Jihyo's girlfriend suddenly made eye contact with Jihyo before letting out a scream. Jihyo's girlfriend instantly got off of the woman and turned around. She was shocked to see Jihyo and instantly started putting on clothes.

"Ji-Ji! It's not what you think!" Jihyo's girlfriend tried to explain in a panicked voice.

Jihyo pointed at the woman that her girlfriend was cheating on her with, "You. Get. The. Fuck. Out. Now!" she yelled with anger evidently written on her face.

The woman yelped in fear. She quickly stood from the bed, grabbed her clothes, and rushed out of the room. This left Jihyo with her girlfriend who was clearly sweating out of fear. Her girlfriend knew that she had messed up, and that an angry Jihyo was not a foe you want to have to face.

"Explain yourself..." Jihyo said in a dark tone, trying her best from lashing out with her pain and anger.

Jihyo's girlfriend swallowed the lump in her throat before licking her chapped lips in an attempt to buy herself time to think, "I... I can't say anything. I... just had needs that you weren't willing to take care of."

Jihyo walked up to her girlfriend and slapped her, surprising her girlfriend as it was an action that she never expected from Jihyo, while more tears poured from her eyes, "I am not willing to take care of your needs?! Are you fucking kidding me?! Have you seen everything I have been doing?! Everything that I have been trying to do for us?! Do you know how many days I didn't get any sleep?! Do you know how many times I almost ended up in the hospital?! Do you know how fucking hard it is to take the position of CEO from your father immediately after his passing without knowing anything?!"

Jihyo's berating clearly had an effect on her girlfriend who had a shocked look on her face. Her chest heaved as she struggled to control her deep-rooted anger for her girlfriend cheating on her. After losing her father, Jihyo did not think that anything could cause her comparable anguish; but she was clearly wrong. The feeling of finding out that her girlfriend cheated on her was one thing but finding out that she cheated on Jihyo because Jihyo could not satisfy her needs was a whole different thing. It was as if Jihyo's girlfriend had forgotten about everything that they had been through together and threw all of the sacrifices that Jihyo made on to the ground and trampled all over it.

Jihyo's girlfriend's silence further angered her. Jihyo shoved her girlfriend on the shoulder, pushing her back, "All you had to do was wait! You promised you could wait! You told me you would wait! I was doing everything for us and a comfortable future together! You were the only reason I could keep on going even when the work was unbearable! I reassured you all the time that our lives would be set once this transition period was over! Were all of your words lies?! Did you ever really love me?!"

Jihyo's girlfriend's eyes widened in surprise, as tears started to fall from her eyes, "Of course I love you! I know I fucked up, and I know I shouldn't have cheated on you; but where were you when I needed you?! I was always by your side supporting you during your struggles to fill the role that your father left behind! I was always there when you were exhausted! I made you food and made sure you had enough nutrients to last the day! I visited you whenever I could to make sure you were not overworking yourself! All I ever wanted was to spend a little bit of intimate time, no matter how little, with you! Did you ever try to do that for me?! No, you didn't!" she shouted in reply.

Jihyo's girlfriend took a deep breath before calming down, "I know you are doing all of this for us, and I really do appreciate it; but we promised to always focus on each other more than anything. No matter what our future looked like, poor or rich, we were okay with it because we would always have each other. So whose words were lies?"

Jihyo's anger was quenched by the impact of the words coming from her girlfriend. Guilt was written all over Jihyo's face as the truth behind her girlfriend's words hit her. She had indeed forgotten their promises of being there for each other. It did not forgive her girlfriend for her actions, but it made one thing clear to Jihyo.

"I don't think this is going to work..." Jihyo trailed off while looking down.

Jihyo's girlfriend grabbed Jihyo by the shoulders, causing her to look up at her girlfriend who had a panicked look on her face, "What are you trying to say?"

Jihyo let out a sigh. She leaned in to give her girlfriend a quick kiss on the lips before breaking free of her girlfriend's grip on her shoulders, "I am breaking up with you. I never want to see you ever again."

---TWICE---

A/N: Hello everyone! Welcome to the Prologue of my new fanfic! This will be a Jihyo x Female Reader fanfic. A Jihyo fanfic was one of the heavily requested ones through comments that I read, so I decided to start writing another one where Jihyo is part of the titular ship. Updates will come out for this fanfic once I finish writing "Chef's Ambition"; however, I might release a chapter here or there. Anyways, until next time, thank you for the support!