Year Six, Chapter Twenty One

I sit on the bed, still overwhelmed with shock. Madam Pomfrey cleared me and I'm working up the courage to go see Snape.

"Miss y/L/n, how are you feeling?" Dumbledores voice enters the hospital wing and I look up.

"Ask me again in like thirty minutes. Maybe then Ill know."  I halfway joke with a laugh.

"Shock is a nasty thing, isn't it?" He laughs.

"What're you doing down here, professor?" I ask.

"I heard Mr. Malfoy was injured and that you might be as well, and wanted to check what happened." He explains.

"I'm alright, other than a few cuts and bruises." I explain.

"Very good, very good. Cant have our new spy down for the count." He says with a twinkle in his eye. My stomach churns at the mention of my new position. "I was told that's going well?" He asks.

"I will be sworn in during our next Hogsmead trip." I explain.

"We can get you out of this if you are unsure, Miss y/L/n." He reassures and for a second, I consider it.

But then I remember Draco.

"I'm sure.... for the Order. They need me." I try to steel my voice.

"Very well. Oh! That reminds me, Professor Lupin wanted this delivered to you." Dumbledore reaches into his robe pocket and places a letter with a red wax seal into my hand. "Feel better, Y/n." He says with a smile before he starts walking away. "Good luck." He says with a wink as he exits. With a sigh I face my attention on the letter, addressed from Moony. He used his code name... this must be serious.

Y/n,
I got your last letter about Narcissa. That's good, I trust in her as well, the Malfoys are a curious bunch. Anywho, we are not telling Snape about us knowing you are a "spy" for the death eaters. Consider this his test of faith. You will act as if you are siding with the death eaters entirely, I have a handful of fake information to start feeding them.
"Harry is going to stay with the Dursleys over the summer for his protection"  That is the first piece you will tell them. Good luck, y/n.

Thank you for doing this. We would be lost without you. The Order sends their gratitude. Hope all is well,

Moony.

The nausea grows. I have to somehow hide this from Snape. Fuck.

I stand slowly, feeling sick but trying to regain myself. Turning, Draco looks pale in his hospital bed and I walk over and plant a kiss on his forehead before I begin the walk down to Snapes office.

I hesitate outside the door, deciding to ask if I can clean up prior to talking to him. I knock on the solid door and he opens it quickly.

"Professor, I was wondering if I could get cleaned off before we talk..." I stutter.

"Of course, take your time, I see you still are in shock." He says surprisingly kindly.

"Thank you, professor." I turn and start walking up the Gryffindor common room, feeling like a literal ghost.

After whispering the password, I stumble into the common room to see Harry sitting with Ron and Hermione. I see their eyes widen at my shirt so I pull my robes closer, covering it. I hurriedly walk up the stairs to my dorm. Might as well take a shower. I grab a clean pair of clothes and start to walk to the girls showers. At the sight of a crowd, I decide to go to Myrtles bathroom instead.

"Where'd Harry go?" I ask, walking by Ron and Hermione again.

"He and Ginny went to hide the book... the potions one..." Ron says slowly. I nod.