Year Five, Chapter One

*START OF YEAR FIVE*
God, this weather is awful. It's hot as hell, literally. I sit up in the spare bedroom Harry and I share, in a sports bra and shorts, a tank top beside me I can throw on in a hurry.

"I've reached my limit, do you hear? This is the last I'm gonna take of you and your nonsense." Vernon screams from downstairs. I run downstairs quickly and see Harry and Vernon arguing, Dudley looking sickly. A letter flies in suddenly.

Dear Mr. Potter,
The Ministry has received intelligence that at 6:23 this evening... you performed the Patronus Charm in the presence of a Muggle. As a clear violation... of the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery... you are hereby expelled... from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Hoping you are well, Mafalda Hopkirk.

"Harry!" I shout. He turns to me and opens his mouth to explain when Vernon pushes past me, leading Dudley out to the car.

"What the hell happened?" I ask.

"There was a dementor! Two, actually." He explains everything that happened and I nod. We walk up to our bedroom to sit in the fan and calm him down. He punches the wall before sitting on his bed, startling our owls.

"Sorry Hedwig." He mutters.

"Hey." I say, standing in front of him. "Breathe." He nods and relaxes a little. I sit down beside him and lean against him.

"You're really expelled.."I mutter. He nods silently. "Dumbledore won't let this happen!!"I exclaim. Harry just sighs. I turn his head.

"Look at me. Everything will work out, Harry." He looks me in the eyes and leans in, placing his lips on mine, the feeling familiar. Pushing me onto the bed, Harry hovers over me.

"Very clean, these Muggles." A voice says. Harry jolts up and out wands are pointed towards the door.

"Tonks, for God's sake." Thats Mad-Eye! The door is pushed open and the Order is there. Harry starts asking questions, and I remember that Dumbledore forbid any of us from telling Harry about what was happening. Ron, Hermione, and I have been communicating back and forth all summer about it.

"Don't worry. We'll explain everything when we get back to headquarters." Mad-Eye reassures Harry.

"Stay in formation, everyone. Don't break ranks if one of us is killed." Brooms fly into each of our hands and we mount, kicking off from the ground in sync. Landing on a concrete road, I look up, staring at an old looking house. Mad Eye does something that triggers the walls to move, revealing a hidden house. As we enter the dark halls, voices start echoing towards us.

"Y/n, dear! Harry!" Mrs. Weasley appears around a corner and gives us hugs. "Heavens, you're all right. Bit peaky, but I'm afraid dinner will wait until after the meeting's finished. No time to explain. Straight upstairs, first door on the left." Walking up the stairs, we reach the door and slowly open it.

"Y/n! Harry!" Hermione bursts out hugs me tightly. I jump, startled by her sudden appearance.

"Harry James Potter! How in the hell did you get expelled?" Hermione asks. She sends a look my way, explaining she already knew.

"There were two dementors at the park, I saved Dudley from them and this is what I get." Hermione nods. "What is this?"

"Welcome to the Order of the Phoenix, Harry." I say, smiling. He looks confused.

"You knew?" I nod. "All of you knew, and didn't tell me?"

"Dumbledore forbid us." Ron explains.