Year Six, Chapter Thirteen

The next day I can't help but feel slightly sad as I sit on the train, watching the scenery out the window. I'm gonna miss Draco so much this holiday, especially after seeing him so much and because I mean... he's my boyfriend now.

As we exit the train at the station I hurriedly find Draco to say goodbye.

"Looking for someone?" He says as he hugs me from behind, making me jump.

"There you are!" I spin around and hug him tight, feeling sad. "I'm gonna miss you."

"I know. Break will pass faster than you think. You'll see." He reassures me.

"You better write... and consistently this time." I scold.

"I'll try, love." He laughs. We hug one more time before I walk over to where Mrs. Weasley and the twins are waiting. When I spot them, I break into a sprint and jump into George's arms.

"Well hi to you too!" He exclaims stepping back. Fred hugs me from behind and I am a Weasley twin sandwich. Warm and comforting, I missed them.

"Merlin, I missed you two." I say as I pull away from them. I move around, hugging the Weasleys as we start to leave the station.

I feel eyes on me and see Draco and give him a small smile. He returns it but flinches when a hand is clamped tightly onto his shoulder. His mother is whispering something and quickly leading him out of the station. She smiles and nods at me, passing quickly. I shake off the weird vibes from this encounter and walk through the station.

"What's new?" Fred questions as we sit at dinner. The Burrow creates a warm, welcoming environment and I feel myself relaxing more and more.

"Oh, well, Snape is our DADA teacher now. Slughorn is our potions teacher. Speaking of which, me, Harry, Ginny, and Mione are in his special club. We just had our Christmas party." The twins nod.

"I know Ginny went with.... mm." She pauses, remembering Ginny and Dean broke up recently. "But who did you go with, Hermione?" Mrs. Weasley kindly asks.

"Cormac McLaggen..." Hermione says with a shudder. "Won't make that mistake again." She explains at Mrs. Weasleys confused expression.

"Oh no. Harry?" She moves to ask him.

"Luna Lovegood, we went as friends." Harry says, glancing at Ginny.

"And Y/n?" She turns to me and I start panicking. Do I tell them about Draco?

"Y/n! Harry! Hermione! Ron! How lovely to see you four!" Prof- Well. I guess he's not my professor anymore. But Lupin enters the room with a gleaming smile, saving me from my embarrassment. He turns the conversation, but it seems Fred and George noticed my discomfort with the prior question, as they were quickly whispering back and forth.

After Mrs. Weasley stuffed me full with two plates of food and one of pudding, I help clean the kitchen before walking up the stairs where I am pulled into the twins room.

"Well Y/n, you were squirming like a mermaid out of the black lake at dinner when mum asked about your date to the party." Fred says as I sit on his bed.

"Who was it? As your older-brothers-who-aren't-your-brothers, we have a right to know." George says with a smirk. I shake my head and roll my eyes.

"Come on!" Fred prods.

"Ugh. Fine. Keep this between us?" He nods.

"Well?" Fred prompts when I pause.

"Get on with it!" George exclaims.

"Fine. fine. DracoMalfoy." I rush through the words. Fred tilts his head in confusion but George caught exactly what I say.

"Huh?" Fred asks.

"Draco Malfoy. Guess she has a thing for blondes." George laughs. Fred sighs in defeat and slaps a galleon into George's open hand.

"You asses!" I exclaim, hitting George's chest lightly.

"We all saw it coming, y/n." George teases.

"Just not this soon." Fred mutters in defeat.

The evening flows well, I end up talking to Ron, Harry, and Hermione the whole time.

Most of the break tends to pass rather quickly, especially while feeling anxious as hell.

*A few weeks later*

Walking down to the kitchen for breakfast in my pajamas(consisting purely of dracos t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants), I ran into the corner of the coffee table in the living room, bleary eyed.

"Bloody-"

"Mooornin!" George loudly says coming from behind me, covering up my cursing. He places a hand on my lower back as I recover from the corner of the table stabbing my liver. As we enter the kitchen I send him a look of thanks and he winks in return and the simple motion brings out a smile in me.

"Errol!" Percy yells as the owl fumbles into the house. The owl in question drops letters onto the table and shakes his feathers.

"Y/n..." Molly passes me a letter but falters when she sees the wax stamp on the back. Glaring up at me is a big forest green 'M' in fancy lettering.

Taking the letter I carefully open it.

Good day, Ms. Y/L/N.
You've been humbly invited to the Malfoy estate to join us in a Christmas ball. We hope you'll attend on December 24th at approximately 4:30pm.
Best regards,
The Malfoys.

Heat rushes to my face at the invitation. A bunch of death eaters and me stuck in the Malfoy Manor? Sounds like a terrible idea. I feel a second piece of paper and see a hand written letter behind the invitation.

My dearest Y/n,
How are you, love? I miss you dearly. I hope the invitation doesn't frighten you too much. While planning I let it slip that you were my girlfriend to mum and later on she said I should invite you and my aunt heard... now she wants to meet you. I know it sounds scary knowing... what you know... but I promise this is just a formal gathering. I was hoping you'd come early and get ready here after spending time with me. Either way, I hope to see you.
How's your holiday going? Potter behaving?
Write back soon xx
D.M.

I can't pass this up... No getting out of this one I guess.....

Thinking back on the scenario my blood pumps hard and cold as I worry. A bunch of purebloods will be judging me... I may be pureblood myself but they're the.. pureblood purebloods. What if Im not up to their standards?

Sighing into the cold winters air, I clutch my warm pumpkin juice tighter to my chest and breathe in the scent of it.

Two days before the ball and I'm freaking out.

Two more short... lousy... days.

With those thoughts I walk back to my room, stopping by the twins room on the way.

I must get my dress sorted out tomorrow.. I've narrowed it down to two options. I'll ask people's opinions tomorrow.

My mind is filled to the brim as I lay down, Hermione passed out cold beside me.

This should be fun.