Year Five, Chapter Seven

The next morning, I walk down to breakfast and make Hermione quiz me before our O.W.L.s.

"What do you get when-" She stops talking and looks behind me. Turning I see Draco walking up and I smile at him. He doesn't return it. That's normal for him when we're around the other Gryffindors.

"Malfoy! Good morning!" I say.

"Morning, y/L/n. Just wanted to wish you luck on your OWLs." He places a hand on my shoulder.

"You too, Malfoy." He walks away after that.

Before I know it, we have to walk to the assigned test room. I walk by myself, Hermione was stressing me out so I wanted some peace. As I walk by a corridor I am forcefully yanked and shoved against a wall. I gasp and start attempting to hit the person and they cover my mouth as other people walk by.

"Y/n! It's me!" A voice whispers in my ear. I stop struggling and he removes his hand.

"Draco! What the hell is wrong with you??" I exclaim quietly.

"I wanted to talk before the exam starts. I hate not being able to talk to you while we're in the same room. Or when you're with those obnoxious Gryffindors." He mutters.

"Hey! I am a Gryffindor!"

"You're the only decent one." I roll my eyes.

"We gotta go now, but good luck, Y/n." He opens his arms for a hug. He places his chin atop my head as he holds me and I feel something else.

Did he kiss my head? I can't tell. I'm probably going crazy.

He pulls away and I smile, knowing a way to mess with the blonde standing there.

"Good luck, Draco." I lean in and plant a delicate kiss on his cheek before walking to the classroom.

The exam is much easier than expected. The room is dead silent, Umbridge at the front doing paperwork. All that is heard is the occasional sniffle and cough, and quills. Feeling eyes on me, I stretch my back on the chair, twisting to pop it so I can see who's watching me.

When I make eye contact with Draco he sends me a look. I raise an eyebrow and he smiles at me, throwing a subtle wink my way. I smile and get back to work.

There's a loud bang in the distance. The room shakes with another, and another. I turn and look back at Draco confused and he gives me the same confused look. Suddenly a bunch of fire crackers burst through, one playfully jumps around me, hopping from hand to hand and I laugh. The twins fly in on broomsticks, stirring up all our papers.

"Fred! George!" They turn to face me as I beam up at them.

"Enjoy the show darling!" They say in sync.

The finale is a giant fire dragon that chases Umbridge, and the twins fly away. We all run out and follow them, watching the firework show. With a firecracker that has their logo, the disappear into the sky. Im standing with Draco at this point.

"I know you hate them... but you gotta admit. That was amazing!!!" He rolls his eyes but smiles. One glance over his shoulder reveals a glaring Pansy. I shake my head and keep talking to Draco. A hand grabbing my arm aggressively interrupts us.