Year Six, Chapter Twenty Two

Immediately after exiting Snapes office, I go back to the hospital wing. One pleading look to Madam Pomfrey got me in after hours and I quickly pulled a chair up to Dracos cot. I hold his hand and study him, his face looks so peaceful. So sunken in, though. The stress is taking a toll on him, just as it is on me.

Tracing my fingers across his jawline, he subtly leans into my touch, bringing a smile to my face.

Merlin, I love him.

Wait. What did I just think?

Fuck. I fell in love with Draco Malfoy.

Who am I kidding, it's not as if I've never had that thought before. It's been in the back of my mind, hidden forcefully.

I sigh and lay my head down on his cot, feeling exhausted. I'm just gonna rest my eyes for a bit, hopefully collect myself after this rough day.

"Y.../n?" I hear my name being croaked out and I quickly jolt up.

"Draco, baby!!" I whisper excitedly. "How're you feeling?"

"Have you been here all night?" He asks.

"That doesn't matter. Are you okay? Do you want some water? Should I get Madam Pomfrey for some potion? How-" I start rambling.

"Y/n. Relax, you're so tense." He replies, sitting up with a pained expression. "I'm alright, just sore, is all." He explains.

"Can I get you some water?" I ask quickly.

"Please?" He asks and I get the water pitcher, pouring him a cup and handing it to him. "You alright? You look really.... worried." He asks.

"Yeah I'm alright." With that sentence I remember what Hermione said... What if I am pregnant? With his baby? Looking up at him I really consider it. Would I want a child with Draco Malfoy?

Yes... yes I would.

"You sure? We can talk about this later if it'll make you feel better." The blond suggests, worry in his eyes.

"I'm okay, Draco. How's your..." I gesture towards his bandaged abdomen.

"Just a little scarring. See for yourself." He says. I pull back his blanket and start unraveling the bandages, seeing some slashes across his abdomen, most likely going to scar.

"I'm sorry, Draco. Hey, I have to go, told Hermione I would help her with something." I lie.

"Alright. I'll be.. here, I guess." He sighs.

"I'll come visit whenever I can." I say quickly. "I promise." I plant a kiss on his forehead, running my hand through his messy hair before exiting.

Walking into the common room, it's mostly desolate. I head to my dorm and see Hermione up early, as usual, sitting on her bed reading.

"Morning, Mione." I say as I collapse on my bed.

"Morning, Y/n. Do you want to do the... thing... now?" She asks immediately. I jolt to a sitting position.

"Now?"

"Yes, it's better to do it in the morning, especially early in the... thing." She explains. Fuck.

"I guess. Should we head to Myrtles bathroom?" I ask, wanting privacy.

"Let's go." She says, grabbing something out of her trunk.

"Wait. Let me change real quick." I say as I realize I'm still in my robes from yesterday evening. After quickly changing, we make our way down to the bathroom.

"Hey, Myrtle." I say as we enter.

"Back so soon?" She asks.

"Come on, you love our company." I tease.

"You two are like the only ones who are nice to me." She says wistfully.

"Here, Y/n." Hermione says. My heart stops as I look at the little stick.

"Well. Here I go. About to piss on a stick. What a good time." I sarcastically say, entering the stall. I do it quickly and walk back out to see Hermione sitting on the floor reading the instructions.

"Lay it down flat." She says and I do, sitting beside her. As I watch the blank test, I feel my nausea rise.

"I can't watch it." I say, quickly flipping it over.

"It says to wait five minutes at least." She says, glancing at a watch.

"Longest five minutes of my life." I mutter. I sit there, feeling antsy and anxious, not being able to sit still.

"Y/n... it's been five minutes." Hermione says after a while.

"Okay." I say, refusing to look over.

"Y/n, look at the test.." Hermione says.

"Give me a minute." I say, closing my eyes and leaning my head back against the cold tile wall. My heart is beating like crazy, I feel it in my throat.

Is Draco really someone I want a child with? I know I say yes earlier but... now that I'm not looking at him, do I really want this?

I think about him... about us. About what we've been through together. How he's been there for me when I need him, how he spent nights in the hospital wing when I was sick and injured and how I'm doing the same for him now. Merlin, yes, I want a child with him. I wanna be with him for... I don't know, the rest of my life maybe? That sounds so extreme but I just... I want him.

My mind flicks to the task coming up. I'm going to become a death eater. I can't bring a child into this world!! Not with an impending war coming, me about to be a death eater, and the dangerous situation I'm in! Plus the stress... that will affect this child more than me. Can I manage to provide for two? What will everyone think? Who am I kidding, thinking about a child at 16?! Wow, that was a slip of reality.

Plus, whos to say I'm even pregnant? Yeah, I have symptoms but those are also from stress... or my upcoming period. Right? Yeah. This is just PMS, Hermione is just being cautious to rule this out. I'm not pregnant, Im dramatic as hell, but not pregnant. I laugh at my stupidity and open my eyes.

"I can't believe I'm taking a pregnancy test. As if! I'm not pregnant but here we go." I say with a slight giggle. But what if I am pregnant?

I flip the little plastic test over and look at the window that displays the results.

"Oh."