Year Six, Chapter Nineteen

The shock sets in and I feel numb as I stare at the burning building. Hearing footsteps I whip around, pointing my want aggressively, coming face to face with Harry. I lower my wand and just look at him sadly. The others join us and we sit there in silence for some time.

"You guys can have Grimmauld place." Lupin says suddenly.

"Oh, we shouldn't." Mrs. Weasley quietly mutters.

"Please. Consider it a gift from the Order." Tonks cuts in.

"We will stay there until this house is repaired." Mr. Weasley said.

We clean out all of our stuff, the older wizards apparating to the old house transporting our stuff and eventually us. George has learned after he apparates with me, he must steady me at the landing. Still getting used to that kind of travel.

Everyone is solemn.

We finish and go to sleep at about 1am. I can't sleep, though.

Creeping downstairs to the kitchen, I find the light on.

"Oh, Y/n. Tea?" Mrs. Weasley asks somewhat sadly.

"Please." I respond.

"Can't sleep?" She asks and I nod.

"Here." She hands me a strong cup of herbal tea. "George is sitting out on the balcony if you'd like to join him."

"I will. Are you alright?" She asks me.

"Are any of us?" I say after a pause. She sighs. "It was like my... real... home. And I know we're rebuilding... but it's not the same. It's knowing these vermin could have the audacity to burn this house down. Knowing the situation." I snap.

"I know. What matters is that we are all physically okay." She softly says after a moment.

"I'm gonna go join George." I say after a moments silence.

"Goodnight, dear." She says with a sad smile.

"Goodnight, Mrs. Weasley." I start heading upstairs.

"Y/n, George is taking it... hard. Please help him." She calls out.

"Yes, ma'am." As I make my way up the stairs.

I peer out the door and see George sitting, dangling his legs off the balcony between the bars of the railing, sipping a cup of tea.

"Hey, Georgie." I say softly. He jumps and whips around to me.

"Hey y/n." He replies. I join him in silence, sitting beside him and leaning against him.

"What're you two up to?" Comes a voice from the door.

"Hey, Freddie." I say, smiling at him. He sits beside us and for a moment I just take it in, sitting between my best friends.

"Is it true?" Fred says after a while.

"What?" I ask.

"You and Draco are together?" George asks.

"Yes..." I say after a moments hesitation.

"Is he a...." Fred starts to ask. I look down silently, almost in shame.

"Oh." George says, catching my drift.

"He doesn't want to be." I suddenly say. "He wants to be good. He doesn't have a choice."

"Why don't you make him the spy then? Give him an out like Snape?" George asks.

"I don't wanna do that to him." I say.

"Merlin, you better get good at concealing your thoughts, Y/n. You're sure you wanna do this?" Fred asks.