Year Six, Chapter Fourteen

"This one.... or this one?" I ask, holding two dresses on hangers up to myself.

"Left!" Fed and George shout in sync.

"Right one." Ron says without looking up.

"Ugh. Shut up Ronald." Hermione mutters. "Try them on so we can actually see what you look like, Y/n." Hermione says turning to me. I nod and rush to the bathroom in the hallway.

"Someone come zip me up!" I open the door a crack after wresting with my zipper for the past 10 minutes.

"On it." I hear George say. He enters the bathroom and steps behind me. Watching the black fabric become tighter as he zips it up, I turn to the full length mirror haphazardly hung on the door. The dress is a black ball gown, the satin material form fitted at the top and hugging my waist before becoming fluffed out into a gorgeous ball gown with lace detailing. The woolen socks covering my feet seem very out of place and I stifle a laugh at how ridiculous they look in comparison.

"George, hand me the heels by the sink?" I ask, pulling the socks off.

"Black or green?" He asks after a pause.

"Green." I replace them with the forrest green heels, a tribute to the Malfoy aesthetic, and stand back upright, eyeing the dress. I turn to the side and look at the low lying back, the cut and neckline of the two dresses are similar but color and style are not. It's off the shoulder with black lace wrapping down my arms, tying in the lace detailing on the sides of the satin material.

"Shall we go show them?" George brings me out of my thoughts and I nod. Exiting the bathroom George makes a dramatic entrance for me and I laugh at his idiotic smile.

Spinning around and doing a curtesy, I notice Molly and Arthur have entered the room as well.

"You look lovely dear!" Mrs. Weasley says with a smile.

"So it's either this dress or the green one." I inform her.

"Give is one more spin then try the green one on." Fred's voice echoes through the room. I laugh as I spin, the dress spinning out around me.

"George!" I peek out the cracked bathroom door.

"Coming!" He zips up the forest green dress.

"Can you-"

"Black ones?" He cuts me off and I nod. He hands me my black heels with red bottoms and I slide them on before stepping back and looking at the mirror again. It's less fluffy compared to the black one and it's a silky green fabric. It slopes down my curves and has silver detailing. I don't know which one I like more.

"Ready for dramatic entrance number two?" George asks with a laugh.

"Dress number two ladies and gentlemen!" He says as I walk out. "Now I believe in democracy, so we're taking a vote." George continues and I can't help but laugh.

"All in favor of the black dress?" Ron, Harry, Mione, Mrs. Weasley, and George raise their hands. "Green?" Fred, Ginny, and Mr. Weasley sheepishly say they prefer that one.

"Black one it is!!" My smile is beaming as I say this. "Now I'm putting my comfy pants back on" I say before kicking my heels off at Fred, who mutters a loud 'Oi!' in response,and walking to the bathroom.

Carefully hanging the dress back up so it doesn't wrinkle, I attempt to carry the two dresses and heels up to my room I share with Hermione and Ginny, almost falling down the twisting stairs multiple times.

I slide the green dress back in the closet and hang the black one beside my bed and place the heels on the floor. Tomorrow.

Wow that's terrifying. Draco and I wrote back again and arranged a time to meet, so one of the twins will aparate me over and back. The twins, being nervous, gave me a little remote control looking thing with buttons to press if I feel in danger, seeing as the types of families there are notable death eaters. Hermione lends me her enchanted bag so I can carry everything I need easily.

Everything is in order but I'm still terrified... Who wouldn't be? I'm going to my boyfriends house for the first time... and he just happens to be one of the most prominent pureblood families out there.

I'm absolutely fucked.

I toss and turn the entire night, planning out what I'd wear over to the house before my dress deciding on a semi formal outfit.

"What time are you going over there?" Hermione asks as I sit at breakfast fidgeting, feeling too nauseated to eat my food.

"Noon." I snap out of my thoughts and try to distract myself by engaging in conversation.

After breakfast(which I didn't eat) I sit with the twins as they plan their next prank, laying my head on George's lap and listening to them intently.

"Y/n, it's 11 O'clock already, just letting you know." Fred says looking down at me.

"Shit. I better get ready. I'll see you guys in a minute!" I decide to put my natural makeup on now and touch it up later, getting dressed in my slightly formal outfit(it's the Malfoys darling, you can't be looking casual) and making sure I look perfect. I'm practically sweating due to nerves at this point and I have 30 minutes until I have to leave.

I rejoin the twins who moved to the living room with everyone else and sit down, bouncing my leg to try and chill my nerves.

"Y/n, you look lovely!" Hermione compliments.

"Thank you, Mione. Merlins Beard, 25 minutes left...." I glance up at the clock. The twins manage to distract me and make me laugh, easing my rising anxiety. My nausea level simmers down a bit finally and I feel like I can actually breathe.

"You ready Y/n?" George asks.

"You have your dress and heels, right dear?" Molly asks. I look in my bag.

"Yes ma'am."

"Makeup too?" She asks, making sure.

"It's all in here." I say double checking.

"Very good. Come here, darling." Molly envelopes me in a warm and calming hug. Wishing everyone goodbye, I head to the door. Hopefully the visits after this one will be less terrifying.

"Shall we, M'lady?" George asks cheekily with an arm held out to me.

"Yes, my good sir." I joke back as I grab his arm. The entire world spins into blurs and colors, shapes rushing through my vision rapidly. I'm painfully reminded of the sick feeling in the pit of my stomach as the world spins around me. My feet hit stable ground hard and I stumble. I rarely aparate, and George, knowing this, has a hand bracing me as I regain my balance. As I glance around my surroundings, I see Draco sitting on the steps to the entrance of the Manor. He smiles when he sees me, pushing himself up and walking over.

"Remember the emergency button, Y/n." George whispers in my ear.

"Weasley." He says with a curt nod.

"Malfoy." George replies the same way.  "Well, I'll be going. See you later, Y/n." He says as he gives me a hug.

"See you, George." I say as he starts to apparate away.

"I'll never understand how you can tell them apart." Draco says as he watches George leave. He immediately brings me into his arms, holding me tightly. I hug him back and we pull away and share a kiss, just as another blanket of snow starts falling. Merlin, it's like something out of a cheesy muggle christmas movie.

His eyes are so cloudy, this blue grey mixture. It changes based on... I don't even know what. Sometimes they're bright blue, sometimes stormy grey.

Snow flurries all around us and my anxieties melt away, just as the snow melts at first contact of our warmth, leaving our faces dewy and our noses and cheeks rosy.