Year Four, Chapter Three

The next day goes fast, but I think DADA was the most interesting class.

"It was barbaric!! He used the unforgivable curses!!! Poor Neville." Hermione exclaims.

After dinner we all sit in the room with the Goblet of Fire, watching people put their names in. A group of guys walk in, shoving Cedric forward. He laughs and turns, placing the slip of paper in the Goblet. The turns and looks at me, sending a wink and a smile my way.

"Well lads we've done it." George explains.

"Cooked it up just this morning!" Fred adds.

"It's not going to work." Hermione says in a singsong voice. The twins run over, Fred beside Hermione, and George beside me.

"Oh yeah? And why's that Granger?" Fred asks. George leans his head on my shoulder, listening. Hermione explains about the age line, and I zone them out.

"Ready Fred?"

"Ready George?" The nod and shake up the potion they made, taking it all. They jump inside the age line and cheers erupt. They put their names in the goblet and smile. Flames roar out of the Goblet and the twins are flung across the room.

The twins start fighting, when all of a sudden everything goes quiet. In walks Viktor. He puts his name in but pauses, smiling at Hermione. She blushes back at him.

"Look at that! He's so into you!!!" I say to Hermione. She shakes her head and sighs.

A week passes before the announcement of the champions.

"Sit down please. And now the moment
you've all been waiting for, the champions
selection!" Dumbledore says after dinner one night.

The Goblet glows red and a piece of paper is shot out, floating down.

"The Durmstrang champion is ... Viktor
Krum!" He announces. Everyone cheers as Viktor walks to the front, looking at Hermione again. I nudge her and she shakes her head.

The next name flies out.

"The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur
Delacour" Cheers erupt again as Fleur walks up to the front.

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory." I stand up and cheer loudly. Cedric walks down the table, shaking peoples hand. He catches my eyes and smiles at me, giving me a tight hug as he passes. This time, Hermione nudges me.

Dumbledore finishes explaining everything, but the goblet glows red once more and another name flies out. Dumbledore takes it and reads the paper.

"Harry Potter." I gasp. "Harry Potter?" Dumbledore yells. Hermione shoves Harry forwards and he starts walking up. People yell out that he's a cheat and boo in protest. I'm in pure shock.

As days pass, people are furious with Harry. I stick with Hermione, avoiding it either way.

Before I know it, it's the day of the first task. I'm pacing outside the tent, checking on Harry.

"Harry?" I whisper. Hermione walks over.

"Y/n?" He asks.

"How're you feeling? The key is
to concentrate. After that you just
have to..." Hermione starts.

"Y/n?" I hear a voice ask. I push through the tend flap and jump into Cedrics arms. I see a bright flash and am blinded.

Rita Skeeter. Of course.

"Young love! Ohh how.. stirring. If everything
goes unfortunately today you might make
the front page." I roll my eyes.

"You have no business here.
This tent is for champions and friends. You are neither." Viktor deep voice comes. Rita leaves and Dumbledore enters.

"I gotta wish Harry good luck. But of course, Good luck Cedric. I know you got this." I smile and hug him again. He pulls away, placing a kiss on my cheek as he steps away.

"I better go. Good luck, Harry!" I run over and hug him tightly. He stops me and plants a small kiss on my lips subtly, when nobody can see. Hermione and I walk back to where Ron is sitting with the twins. Hermione sits beside him and I sit beside her.

Cedric goes first. He successfully grabs the egg and wins the first task. I cheer super loud and he smiles my way, running over and hugging me over the railing before heading to the tent again.

I don't pay attention to Viktor or Fleur. Last up is Harry.

He and the dragon run around the arena, him narrowly avoiding the dragons attacks.

He casts a spell and nothing happens, but the dragons tail missed him by centimeters. I gasp and grab Hermiones hand, not paying attention to which side shes on.

Not again. The cold rings are a dead giveaway.

"Well, well, y/L/n. In this scenario again, are we?" Malfoys voice is smug.

"Look. I just need the comfort right now. Shut up!" I say, attempting to pull my hand away. He doesn't let me. Harry flies out of sight and the dragon goes after him, breaking the chain.

"Go Dragon!" One of the twins shouts.

"Let me give you the comfort then." Malfoy says.

"You haven't talked to me in... forever. What's wrong with you?"

"Just shut up and watch the dragon." He mutters. I sigh. After a while, Harry flies in view and grabs the egg. I cheer loudly, annoying Draco.

We all exit the arena and I see Cedric. I jump into his arms. He's still a bit sweaty and dirty, his clothing rugged from his struggles.

"I knew you could do it!!" I say.

Later that night in the common room the twins are holding Harry on their shoulders. He's still in ragged clothing and he's dirty. It's almost.. attractive?

Harry opens the egg, and a loud piercing noise comes out.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Ron asks.

Fred shoo's everyone out, and Hermione and a i walk to our dorm. Ron and Harry end up making up and are friends again. Finally. It was weird with them not speaking. Very annoying, honestly.