Year Six, Chapter Eighteen

"Aw fuck!" I yell out as I am woken abruptly by a heavy weight falling on me. I feel the body heat of a person and realize it's one of the twins crushing me.

Correction.

Both of the twins are crushing me.

"Happy Christmas Y/n!" They yell out at the same time through their laughter. I can't help but laugh as well and try and shove them off.

"Happy Christmas, guys. And Hermione!" I say as Hermione rolls over tiredly to see what the commotion is.

"What about me?!" Yells Ginny.

"Didnt know you were awake yet! Happy Christmas Ginny." Fred says from still on top of me. I shove them off and Fred lands on the floor with a hard thump.

"Come on, mums made breakfast and set out our gifts!" Ron says from the door. The twins jump up at the mention of gifts and help me up.

"Merlin, my back hurts now!" I groan as we walk down the stairs. We all take our seats at the table and I see extra chairs dragged out as the Order is coming over later.

No matter how many Christmases I spend at the Weasleys, they never fail to amaze me. Harry and I never had Christmases like this at the Dursley's, everyone happy and bustling, a large breakfast, and presents.

"Y/n, here you are!" Mrs. Weasley passes me an armful of parcels.

"T'nk oo!" I mumble through a mouth full of pancakes.

Opening them up, we have my usual sweater from Mrs. Weasley, soft as ever! The twins gave me an assortment of items from Weasleys Wizard Wheezes, Ron gave me a poster of different quidditch brooms, Harry got me a huge bag of candy from Honeydukes, all of my favorites included. Hermione gave me new perfume and body care items, and other friends sent small parcels of assorted items.

The last gift I had was wrapped in green, a telltale sign.

I know I saw you in person yesterday but I cannot help but wait to give you your gift today. I hope you like it, last night was amazing, love. You looked stunning, I can't get the image out of my head. Happy Christmas, Y/n.

- D.Malfoy

Carefully unwrapping the parcel I see a ring. It's dainty and silver with an unpolished gem on it, a teal and green shade. There's minimalist leaves wrapping around the gem and it has a very delicate appearance. I immediately slide it onto my finger with a beaming smile and admire the way the silver shines in the light. I catch Mrs. Weasleys eye and she sends me a loving smile.

After breakfast and presents, we all split up to get ready.

"What do you mean, Y/n?" Hermione asked as we get dressed in the morning.

"I'm just super anxious even though the ball is over. I've been feeling anxiety sickness recently, you know?" I explain, pulling my quidditch sweater over my head, I wear it frequently due to its comfort and warmth.

"Oh yeah, I get that. You ready?" Hermione asks, standing by the door. I nod and we walk down the stairs, entering the kitchen to start helping Mrs. Weasley prep for dinner.

"Hello all!" Comes a voice from the hall. Turning, I see Tonks walking in the kitchen and send a smile her way. Lupin follows to say hellos before helping Arthur and Harry with some Order business.