Year Six, Chapter Three

*Readers POV*
"Where's Harry?" I ask as we get up to exit the train.

"I'm sure he's already on the platform." Ron says and I nod.

Sitting at my usual spot at the Gryffindor table, I let out a sigh. I'm unusually tired today. Draco! I look around for him but don't see him in his usual spot with Blaise and the others. I make eye contact with Blaise and he sends me a suggestive look and a wink and I make a face in disgust, making him laugh.

He's always been like that with every girl, especially since I started hanging around Draco more. Then my head turns to see Draco walking into the great hall and I smile at him, watching his eyes immediately trail onto me. He smiles back and heads to the Slytherin table so I get up to see him.

"Hey Malfoy." I say sliding into the seat beside him. Pansy, who's on his other side, makes a face at me but I ignore it.

"Hey y/L/n." He embraces my hug but not as much as normal. He feels super tense and is quieter than usual, causing me to worry about the blonde. The sorting hat calls our attention and I stand and give Draco a hug from behind before making my way to the Gryffindor table again.

"Hermione... he'll be here in a minute." Ron says as I slide into my seat. Hermione gives me a look and i know she's at her wits end.

"Will you stop eating? Your best friend is missing." Hermione hits Ron with a book after every word.

"Oi! Why won't you turn around, you lunatic?" Ron says.

"He's covered in blood again. Why is it he's always covered in blood?" Ginny points out as Harry walks over.

"Looks like it's his own this time." Ron says.

"Where have you been?" Hermione asks.

"What happened to your face?" I add in.

"Later. What did I miss?" Ron catches Harry up to speed as Dumbledore stands up. I zone out, studying the details of the great hall. My gaze falls to Draco and I study his features. His jawline is sharp, his cheeks appear more hallow. The circles under his eyes reveal his tiredness level as he stares down at his plate, playing with his food. He's hunched over, seeming out of sorts. He is more tense than usual and has been acting different after all.

He must feel my gaze, seeing as how he looks up at me and I see his glare soften. I smile at him and he smiles back.

"....Just something to think about. Now off to bed, pip-pip." Dumbledore finishes his speech and everyone starts getting ready to leave the hall.

"That was cheerful." Ron bluntly states. I nod before looking back at Dracos spot and seeing it empty. He's walking out of the great hall by himself and I quickly walk over to him.

"Hey! Meet me at the astronomy tower tonight?" He is startled out of his thoughts and nods. "See you later!" I place a kiss on his cheek, thinking he needs the cheering up. My lips tingle with butterflies from his touch as I walk to the Gryffindor common room, a drunken smile on my face.

"Harry! I need your cloak tonight." I say walking in the common room.

"What for?"

"Nothing important." I lie.

"Sneaking off to see Malfoy again, eh?" Ron asks suggestively.

"And what of it? We haven't seen eachother all summer! I'm allowed to spend time with my friend." I roll my eyes.

"I wouldn't go see him if I were you." Harry starts. He seems to have something on his mind.

"Why?"

"Harry thinks he's using you for... you know." Ron explains.

"Of course Harry does. Maybe Harry should take his head out of his arse and realize that not everyone is evil." I snap.

It's dark in the castle as I wrap the cloak around me and look around. Walking briskly up the halls I walk into the astronomy tower.

I get there first and walk forward, admiring the stars.

"Hey there." Arms wrap around me as the words are muttered into my ear.

"Hey Draco." I lean back into him, feeling his chest against my head, his heartbeat rhythmic. We talk for a while and I see Draco loosen up finally. I start getting more and more tired and so we decide to head off to bed.

"Good night, Draco!" I hug him tightly.

"Goodnight, Y/n." He hugs back and places a kiss on my head. I smile and walk to the portrait hole.

The next day Hermione and I walk into potions, and I see Draco. But then I notice Pansy sitting a little too close to him, leaning against him. He is apathetic to this close contact, zoning out.

"Hey Malfoy." I say walking in. There's a dull tone to my voice and I see the concern flooding his eyes. The lesson starts and I stand with Hermione, and see Draco inching closer out of the corner of my sight.

"Attention to detail in the preparation is the prerequisite of all plan." Slughorn continues his lesson. "Ah! Harry, my boy, I've been beginning to worry. You brought someone with us, I see." Turning, I see Harry walking into the room with Ron.

"Ron Weasley, sir. But I'm dead awful at Potions. A menace, actually so. I'm probably just gonna—" Slughorn cuts him off.

"Nonsense, we'll sort you out. Any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Get your books out."

lI'm sorry, sir, I haven't actually got my book yet and nor is Ron."

"Not to worry, get what you want from the cupboard. Now as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be? Yes, Miss...?"

"Granger, sir." Hermione starts answering the question.

"This is Amortentia. The most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumored to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them. For example, I smell... Freshly mown grass and new parchment and... Spearmint toothpaste." Wait... that's so familiar. Ron?? I bloody knew it!!!

"We will have a more in depth lesson on that potion later this term. Nevertheless, good luck to you all. Let the brewing commence." Snapping back to reality, I start brewing my potion. I feel eyes on me and continuously look up to see Draco looking my way. I struggle along the way, like everyone else, except Harry. He whispers advice over to me and I start making progress, but Harry finishes before me and Slughorn declares him the winner of a vial of liquid luck.

I see Draco looking disappointed that he didn't win so I send him an encouraging smile and he loosens up a little.

The next few weeks pass in a blur, and it's quidditch tryouts. Harry has me come help him, for whatever reason. Probably because he and I have been playing during the summers to keep him in shape.

"Okay, so this morning, I'm gonna be putting you all for a few drills just to assess you straight. Quiet, please!" Harry shouts in an attempt to control the rowdy players.

"Shut it!" Ginny yells.

"Thanks. Alright, um, now then, remember, just because you made the team last year does not guarantee you a spot this year. Is that clear? Good." We all nod.

And so we start playing quidditch.