Year Four, Chapter Seven

*HARRYS POV*
I must be out of my mind.

As I sit in the water, I open the egg. Yet again, the clue lets out a horrible screech

"I'd try putting it in the water if I
were you." A feminine voice startles me.

"Myrtle!" I pull bubbles towards my chest, concealing myself from her.

"Long time no see." Her ghostly little figure starts flying around.

"Myrtle, did you say try putting it in the water?" I ask, eyeing the ghost.

"Well. That's what he did. The other boy, the handsome one. Cedric." She thinks for a moment. "Oh! And the girl he was with, that gorgeous one, Y/n!" He was with... Y/n?

The thought of the two naked in this very tub infuriates me. I'm gonna get her back. One way, or another.

*READERS POV*
It's the night before the task, and Harry, Ron, Mione, and I are sitting in the library, studying and helping Harry.

"Hate to break up this scholar session but Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office. Not you Potter, just y/L/n, Weasley and Granger." As Hermione argues back, I just stand up. We are led to McGonagalls office, where we are given a cup of tea. After sipping the tea, the room gets blurry and everything goes black.

Air fills my lungs and I gasp, stunned by the freezing water and the burning in my lungs. What the hell happened? Cheers erupt, I feel a strong arm wrap around my waist and pull me towards the dock. Turning, I see Cedric.

"Ced... What happened?" I ask, as another student pulls me up. A warm towel is wrapped around me, and I look at Cedric, confused.

"It was you! I had to look for you!" He says, breathless and smiling, his hands on my shoulders.

At that moment, cheers erupt again, and Viktor Krum and Hermione surface from the lake. I want to help but I feel somewhat weak from the potion that I was under. I lean against Cedrics chest and watch the rest of the task.

Fleur is taken out of the task. Time is running out and there's no sign of Harry. Ron and Fluers little sister surface, and Ron pulls her to the dock. I grab her and help her up, then helping Ron.

"Where's Harry?" I ask, alarmed. At that moment he is launched onto the dock and i wrap a towel around him before hugging him tightly.

"You scared me..." I whisper. He gently pushes me off of him. I sigh and walk back to Cedric, who wraps his arms around my shivering form.

"Attention! Attention! The winner is... Mr Diggory!" I cheer loudly, hugging Cedric tightly.

There's one more task now. Cedric and I hugged right before he walked out with his father, and I'm worried about this one.

Dumbledore explains the task and the order of champions. Cedric goes in first, and am excited but nervous as hell.

They enter the maze and everything goes quiet. About two hours pass while they're in the maze, and I sit there talking to Hermione and Ron.

All of a sudden Harry and Cedric are back together by port key! The music starts blasting and people cheer.

"Wait..." Somethings off. Cedric.

Taking off running, I barrel towards where Cedric is laying with Harry.

"No...no...no..." I gasp. I drop down onto my knees and cling to Cedric, checking for a pulse. There is none. The room spins and I break down sobbing. Harry reaches out and grabs me, hugging me. He explains what happened but I can't register it right now.

"Let me through! That's my son! My boy!" I hear Amos Diggory yelling. That makes me sob harder as he also breaks down. Harry is ripped away from me, someone dragging him off.

"...take Y/n to the hospital wing." I hear Dumbledores voice. I feel myself being pulled up and carried away. I cling to the person, not knowing or caring who it is.

"Malfoy. Come with me." The person snaps.

"Why me?"

"Because I said so."

"Can I come too, Professor?" Hermione asks. I assume he nods. Then I realize it's Professor Snape. I don't care enough to do anything as he walks me into the castle somewhere, and I am placed on a bed.

"You two. Take care of her. I have business elsewhere to tend to." Footsteps lead and I feel numb. I sit there, staring at my lap.

"Y/n..." Hermione gently says, sitting on my bed.

"He was my best friend..."

"Seemed like more than that.." Draco mutters.

"Not really. We were only friends." At this, Draco steps forward and places a hand on my back and starts comforting me, the way he did in the hall that one day.

"I feel so dizzy.." I lay back and close my eyes, everything going black.

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce fierce friend.I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died." A tear slips down my face and I tune Dumbledore out, knowing exactly how he died already. "Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end." At this point I look down. I feel a hand rubbing my back and turn and see Harry. I send a small smile to him but it doesn't reach my eyes. He wraps an arm around me and I sigh.

"Everything's going to change now isn't
it?" I ask. The others all nod.

"Promise you'll write this summer. All
of you."

"Well I won't. You know I won't!"

"You two will, won't you?"

"Every week."

*END OF YEAR FOUR*