Year Three, Chapter Eleven

*Dracos POV*

Walking into the great hall, Pansy smiles her cringe smile at me. Ugh. Right as I sit down, she clings to my arm. I hate physical contact.

Y/n hugged me and it felt different. Maybe because she doesn't cling to me 24/7. Speaking of her, I look up to see Harry ignoring her. Her eyes full of anxiety and sadness. She's easy to read, most of the time.

I zone out the conversation Blaise and Crabbe are having and focus on her. Harry seems to say something to her that I can't hear, and she snaps.

She stands up and walks away forcefully. Studying her, I can't help but notice her eyes getting glossy, her cheeks heated up in a blush. She looks over, catching me staring and I see a tear run down her face.

Potter must be jealous. I guess my plan is working well. Must say, Y/n is actually a good source of company, surprisingly.

I stand up and walk out, wanting to comfort her. I see Potter staring at me and I shoot him a glare before walking out of the great hall.

I find y/n crying in an empty corridor. I silently slide down next to her, my back against the wall.

"Hey..." I say, making my presence known. She hurriedly wipes her tears and gives me a smile that doesn't reach her eyes.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" Her voice shakes with every word.

"I know we aren't that close yet, but you don't have to pretend to be okay, y/n." At this she loses it and breaks down. I don't exactly know what to do, but my best guess is comfort her physically at first? She's not going to listen when she's crying. Right? I guess I'll just think about what I'd want someone to do to me when I'm upset.

I put my arm around her shoulders and she leans into me, crying into my chest. I pull her hair out of the way, figuring it wouldn't help being in her face. Her sobs die down into whimpers and I start rubbing her back. This is how you calm someone down right?

"I'm sorry..." She whispers, her voice crackly.

"Hey, you did nothing wrong. Harry is overreacting. He's jealous, you can see it in his eyes. He's gonna come to his senses later." She seems to relax at my words. We sit there in silence for a minute, her just leaning into my chest. Her breathing slowly returns to a normal pace.

"You can go now, if you want. Thank you, you've been a real help today." Her eyes are puffy and watery.

"Who says I wanna go? Might as well stay, nothing better to do anyway." I say with a smile. And so we sit, start small talking and I can see her cheering up slowly.

"Hey, I should get to the common room." Y/n says, sighing. "It's been fun, Draco." Her eyes widen. "Malfoy." She stutters.

"We're friends, you can call me Draco." I laugh. I stand, reaching a hand down to help her up. She takes it but stumbles a bit, so I steady her. Clumsy girl.

She gives me a tight hug and I return it, pulling away and squeezing her shoulders reassuringly.

"Good luck with Potter, by the way." I say, turning and walking towards the dungeon.

*Y/N's POV*

I walk into the common room still looking like a mess. I see Hermione and Ron sitting on the sofa facing me, and the back of Harry's head sitting across from them. Hermione clears her throat and looks at me, making Harry turn. His eyes fill with sadness and regret, almost making me tear up again.

"Hey.. Can we talk?" Harry says, standing. I nod, not trusting my voice. Harry leads me to an empty corridor.

"I'm sorry for getting mad earlier. I know you were worried about me, and I was an ass." He sighs. I look down at the floor. "I just saw you with him and... I don't know what came over me."

"It's okay..." My voice quivers. "I get how it looked. But Draco- Malfoy... Malfoy was walking with me to clear my mind. I was so worried about you, idiot..."

"And then he comforted you after. That should've been me, I'm sorry. But since when are you and Malfoy... friends? or whatever? And why didn't I know about it?" He asks.

"We became friends over the past few weeks, he's nice if you give him the chance. It started that day with Buckbeak, we started talking in the hospital wing and turns out he's not that bad." I explain. Harry nods.

"Don't forget, you're mine, darling." Harry says, giving me a kiss on the nose. I giggle and he smiles. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close.

"I missed you..." I whisper.

"I missed you too."

After a bit we walk back to the common room, and see Hermione and Ron talking. We join them and before I know it, it's time to go to bed. Harry gives me a goodnight kiss and I fall asleep instantly, mentally and physically exhausted.

The next day is a Hogsmead trip! It's almost Christmas and there's snow all over the ground. I get dressed quickly and meet Hermione down at breakfast. I slide in the spot beside Harry.

Draco sends me a small smile from across the room and I return a bigger one, making his grow as well.

Hermione, Ron, and I stand at the fence near the shrieking shack as Hermione spouts information about it. Ron and Hermione are being awkward... they're the only ones who can't tell that they like eachother. ugh. For such a bright witch, Hermione is clueless sometimes.

"Well well, look who's here..." Comes the unmistakable voice of a certain blonde. "You two shopping for your new dream home?" He asks, gesturing to Hermione and Ron.

"Malfoy!" I say, smiling. I run over and hug him before stepping back again.

"Bit grand for you, isn't it, Weasle-Bee?" Draco mocks. I elbow him but he ignores me. "Don't your family sleep in a.. one room?"

"Shut your mouth, Malfoy." Ron mutters, embarrassed.

"Ooh, not very friendly. Boys," He says referring to Crabbe and Goyle. "I think it's time we teach Weasel-Bee a lesson on how to respect his superiors."

"Hope you don't mean yourself." Hermione says.

"How dare you talk to me? You filthy little mudblood." He just- WHAT AN ASS.

At that moment a snowball hits him in the shoulder. He looks around, wildly.

"Who's there?!" He questions. Another snowball hits him. Then Crabbe, and Goyle. They're bombarded with snowballs and Draco jogs away, confused and scared. I laugh, he deserves it this time.

Ron's hat strings bounce up and down, Hermiones hair starts doing the same. I feel arms wrapped around me and pull me into a warm body behind me.

"Harry!" Hermione laughs. He takes the cloak off, laughing. He pulls me into a big hug from behind and I lean into his warmth.

"Bloody hell, Harry. That was not funny." Ron says.

Harry explains that the twins stopped him and gave him a map... the Marauders map? I don't know. We all walk towards the Three Broomsticks, talking. We stop walking and I run into Harry because I wasn't paying attention. He laughs at me and I blush.

We listen to some of the staff members talking. Something catches Harry's interest and we walk into the Three Broomsticks. Being honest, I wasn't paying attention at all.