DARLING, JUST HOLD ON

XXXVIII. DARLING, JUST HOLD ON

 DARLING, JUST HOLD ON

      Sirene Black was nervous, she usually isn't, but sometimes when she is she's so nervous that she feels like she might shit her pants

Sirene Black was nervous, she usually isn't, but sometimes when she is she's so nervous that she feels like she might shit her pants. She kept bouncing her knees up and down and playing with the rings in her hands, biting her nails every now and then, but Andrew would pull them away from her mouth everytime.

      She was going to meet the Potters today, James had told them over a letter that Sirene would be coming to stay with them and they were ecstatic, Mrs. Potter even said that she might end up adopting her, she's always wanted a daughter afterall.

      Sirene was flattered, really, but she doubted that Mrs. Potter would feel the same after she meets her, Sirene started chewing on her nails again, yes, it's gross, but it's a habit that she can't break.

      "Stop" Andrew said putting her hand away and then holding it so she doesn't start biting her nails again, Sirene's eyes widened as she stared at their hands, Andrew tried to act cool, "It'll be fine, she'll love you"

      "Annie, you don't even know her" Sirene said with an exhausted voice, "How do you know she will?"

      "It's hard not to love you, Black" Andrew said with a chuckle, "And if James is anything like her you shouldn't worry about it"

      "He's right" James said from his side, "She's going to love you"

       "She loves you already, in fact" Marlene said with a smile, "I know because she told me, I've been writing to her"

      "Why exactly have you been writing to my mother, Marlene....?" James said with his eyebrows furrowed as everyone stared at Marlene expectantly for an answer.

      "Because?" She shrugged and then went back to eating her box of 'Bertie Bott's every flavor beans' everyone looked at her weirdly but then went back to doing their thing.

      "Ugh" Lily sat down next to James blowing the hair out of her face, "Lucius is so infuriating, who even thought it would be good to make that little prat a prefect?"