26. Painted Red

🎴𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐🎴

🎴𝚅𝚘𝚝𝚎&𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚝🎴

🎴𝙴𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢🎴

♟️ ✦ ♟️ ✦ ♟️

"Just when you think that life is moving in one direction, it boomerangs."

♟ ✦ ♟ ✦ ♟

[Y/N's POV]

For a moment my mind is blank.

Obfuscating silence sinks in my head, stifling the chaos that broke out.

What's going on? Where am I?

The blackness in my eyes swallows the hushed world around me, sucking it into a black hole. The feeling of grit stings my skin as the unpleasant tang of ash and soil enters my mouth. The scorching ache in my abdomen strikes through my innards, making me let out a pained groan.

At least that's what I think I do because no sound reaches my ears. It's as if they're stuffed with cotton.

I shake my head, trying to gain back my memories. My paralyzed brain slowly starts comprehending the situation as the reminiscences of the previous events come back to my mind.

The call, the explosion, Jimin...

Jimin

Gritting my teeth I stagger to my feet, feeling shaky as the unwelcomed drowsiness hangs above my head. Through the thin slits of my eyes, the world around me seems smudged. Random blurred images float aimlessly around as if they're being blown around by a vicious hurricane, making my head spin.

I drag my feet forward, clutching a hand to my stomach, where my fingers dig into the bloody material of my coat. Ripped the stitches. Fuck. Hoseok isn't going to be happy.

Suddenly the muffled noises in my eardrums turn into an ear-splitting, monotone ringing, making me clasp my hands to my ears and collapse onto the ground, where now the once spotless snow has begun to melt from the heat the detonation disseminated.

Grinding my jaw, I inhale through my nose, pressing my forehead to the cold asphalt.

I feel arms wrap around my crouched form, as someone harshly grips my shoulders and pulls me up. Stumbling to my feet, I tightly hold onto whoever is making me stand as a heady aroma of masculine cologne lingering in the air enters my nostrils. I open my eyes as they land on pink, glossy lips.