09. Purgatory

Purgatory - a place or state of suffering inhabited by the souls of sinners who are expiating their sins.

Pay attention to numbers, they're important, and listen to the song above.

🔥𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐🔥

🔥𝚅𝚘𝚝𝚎&𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝🔥

🔥𝙴𝙽𝙹𝙾𝚈🔥

⏳ 𖧷 ⏳ 𖧷 ⏳

"The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It's the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared."

⏳ 𖧷 ⏳ 𖧷 ⏳

15 days later. . .

[Y/N's POV]

There's a certain point of consciousness when you're no longer asleep but you are not quite close to being awake. Where your body seems to sink still and heavy into the mattress. In this unsteady place, my body seems dense, I'm stuck between reality and my dreams, I'm trapped in this limbo.

I feel cold bedsheets under my fingerprints, while my arm hugs the pillow next to me, and my body's stretched around messy and damp white bedsheets. A reddish hue pushes into my eyelids pulling me out of sleep just a bit more. I struggle to open my eyes, dried tears feeling like superglue on my eyelids. But as I open my eyes I realize the light is not from the sunrise as I first assumed, it's the glowing red led light from the tower in front of the hotel building.

The sky is still dark outside, enveloping this cursed city into the pitch darkness, spreading the shadow, where numerous monsters find their nook at nights. It's dark, still pitch dark, still cold, still dead silent. Another restless night. One more endless night, with no morning in sight.

I try to get up but my joints seem to forget how to function, my limbs won't obey me. I have every desire to move but I'm frozen, my body weight is too much for me to handle, my mind's even heavier.

I'm an Angel of Death in Purgatory.

Disgraceful.

Pathetic.

Pitiful.

It's in my nature to cope, so that's what I do. I stumble to the floor despite my aching body and my pounding head and drag myself to the bathroom, into the hot tub.