21. Crackbrained Dunce

🐅𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐🐅

🐅𝚅𝚘𝚝𝚎&𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝🐅

🐅𝙴𝙽𝙹𝙾𝚈🐅

🏹 ✫ 🏹 ✫ 🏹

"No love, no friendship can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever."

🏹 ✫ 🏹 ✫ 🏹

[Y/N's POV]

I don't know how long I stayed like this buried in the swamp of chaotic thoughts, but when I lift my head I'm pleasantly surprised by the thing I see outside.

It's snowing.

I exit the car as I notice Jimin in the same position I left him, bent down over his laptop as the snowflakes rest on his blond hair.

Glittering intricate patterns of ice float weightlessly downward from the already darkening sky, covering everything around with a thin layer of ice blanket and enveloping everything in a calm, silent coldness that is comforting in its own special way.

Snowflakes fall soundlessly taking their time before they reach their destined places of rest, and for some their destination is to come to my hand, to alight upon these ungloved fingers and let my warmth be their deathbed.

"It's snowing," I whisper quietly, more to myself than to anyone else, as a small smile graces my lips.

I hear the subtle crunch underfoot as Jimin strides forward and stops right next to me, looking up at the silvery flakes dancing in the poor light. "It's beautiful, isn't it? He asks.

"Yeah," I breathe out as the heat from my mouth rises in puffs of white vapor.

I continue staring at the falling ice powder, until I hear a loud humming and turn my stare to Jimin. My eyebrows rise in surprise and an amused chuckle leaves my parted lips. I watch Jimin stick his tongue out like a child, catching the snowflakes with it.

"What are you doing?"

"What?" Jimin questions glancing at me as if what he's doing is completely normal. "It's fun," he mumbles, "you didn't have a childhood if you didn't eat snow."

I scoff, "Oh please, it was my hobby," I give him an amused look, "but you also realize that you're a 25-year-old adult."

"The child in me will never die," he replies in a sing-song tone.