08. Angel of Death

🌪️𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐🌪️

🌪️𝚅𝚘𝚝𝚎&𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝🌪️

🌪️𝙴𝙽𝙹𝙾𝚈🌪️

🦋 𖦹 🦋 𖦹 🦋

"The death of a friend is equivalent to the loss of a limb

🦋 𖦹 🦋 𖦹 🦋

[Y/N's POV]

I run towards Daniel when I see the hulk-like figure tackle him down without any second thought. He's maybe a brilliant hacker, but he's not a fighter, he won't last. He's here, helping me out when I clearly told not to come back. As I run everything happens so fast I don't have the time to comprehend.

The only thing I know is that a pair of arms wrap around me pinning my arms to my body, and two dark orbs come inches away from my face before his features freeze. "L-Live" is the only thing that he chokes out, blood dripping out of his mouth before closing his eyes and falling on me with his full weight making me stumble back and fall.

The world crashed in on me. My chest constricting as my heart bangs against my rib cage rapidly, threatening to jump out at any moment. Panic and fear sweep over me, swallowing the world around me except for the man in my hands.

"No!" A ragged whisper comes out of me, nearly audible.

No! This can't be happening.

"Daniel!" I whisper again shaking his body "wake up!"

My heart freezes inside my chest as my body turns into stone. I stare at Daniel's lifeless form unmoving, unblinking. The sharp end of the golden dagger peaks out from his throat, hot crimson essence dripping from his mouth right on my face, the pungent odor of blood flaring my nostrils.

No! Please no.

A wave of shock hit me making the icy numbness take over my body. Black fills the edges of my vision and the only thing I can hear is my own unsteady heartbeat and his last word 'Live'. My breath comes in ragged, shallow gasps. Seconds pass as I lay there holding his body in my hands, then, I hear voices but I don't bother, I don't move, I can't move.

I don't move when two men grab my both arms lifting me up, I don't move when the third one stops right in front of me, my eyes are glued on Daniel's lifeless form, a red puddle quickly pooling on the floor. I don't move when the third one grips my hair painfully and I don't move when his face comes inches away from mine. It's like my soul died with him, sucking all the energy out of my body.