28. Science

⚠️️Highly suggested to buckle up⚠️

🏁𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐🏁

🏁𝚅𝚘𝚝𝚎&𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝🏁

🏁𝙴𝙽𝙹𝙾𝚈🏁

🎱  ▪︎  🎱  ▪︎  🎱

"A friend will always try to get you out of the battlefield. A best friend will fight by your side, laughing in the face of the danger."

🎱  ▪︎  🎱  ▪︎  🎱

[Y/N's POV]

An abrupt blast of pesky sirens from behind echoes in the air.

A trail of at least a dozen police cars appears in the rear-view mirror, the red and blue lights flashing brightly in the gathering gloom of the Winter night. The grumble of the straining engine shakes the car violently, making my brain rattle in my skull when I tip the acceleration even further.

The car tears through the gravity, making the unfortunate passengers of the ride launch backward when I drift around a tight corner, escaping most of the police cars. But one still follows closely behind. Fuck.

My eyes dart back and forth, occasionally glancing over the backseat, where Hoseok sits with unconscious Jimin's head in his lap and Jungkook tries his best to keep Taehyung's blood-drained body unmoving. At the sight of them, distasteful anxiety bubbles inside my rib cage, filling my hollow chest with an agitating buzzing that rises to my throat. It's all my fault. 

"THIS IS POLICE! PULL OVER RIGHT NOW!" My verdant irises jump back to the rear-view mirror when the serial screeching sound of the sirens booms in my ears.

"Ha!" Yoongi's loud exclamation from beside me rings in the interior of the vehicle, "these men think they're smart, huh?" Yoongi blurts out, before rolling his side window down, causing the chilly wind to blow into the car with a powerful passion, filling my ears with an annoying swish. "I'll never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you!" Yoongi yells over his shoulder, instantly ducking inside when a bullet shatters the side-view mirror into thousand pieces of new knives, as he breaks into a peal of maniacal laughter. 

Great, now I have to drive half-blindly.

My anger strikes, making me pinch my lips into a thin line and let my fist fly into Yoongi's arm. He yelps, shooting me a bewildered look. 

"Maybe enough talking and more acting!?"

"What do you want me to do!?" Yoongi's high pitched whine flows down my ear canals as he abruptly clutching onto the handle that hangs from the car roof when I take a sharp turn into a narrow alley.