23. Impostor? Not a chance!

🔗𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐🔗

🔗𝚅𝚘𝚝𝚎&𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝🔗

🔗𝙴𝙽𝙹𝙾𝚈🔗

⚔ ▪︎ ⚔ ▪︎ ⚔

"The worst part about betrayal is that it never comes from an enemy."

⚔ ▪︎ ⚔ ▪︎ ⚔

[Y/N's POV]

Upon waking from a heavy slumber I'm first aware of the coolness of the air, and masculine fragrance mixed with notes of vanilla lingering in it. I rub the remainders of sleep from my eyes as I bring my wrist closer to my nose.

Still there. It's two options. Either the freaking cologne won't come out no matter how hard I scrub the sensitive skin of my wrist, or his scent is permanently embossed in my nostrils. Either way, it's already getting annoying, I don't want to feel his scent wherever I go like I did during the last two days.

Opening my eyes, I gaze out at the horizon; its vivid light extended across the bright sky. Snowflakes fall silently with envious calmness.

I guess this is something the majority of people consider beautiful, but I find it strange to find something so meaningful in something so...every-day. It's not like the sun won't rise, it has, after all, been reliably happening since the beginning of time. So what is so special about it? It's just the same circle of 24 hours where I have to find a way to survive, isn't it lovely?

I get up, lazily moving towards my bathroom, to wash up.

It's already been two days since we're here and I hardly did anything else than wash up, and sleep. Taehyung has been surprisingly quiet, all day playing a game on his phone.

What concerns me is Jimin's quietude. No calls, no messages, nothing to let us know how they're doing. But what is more worrisome is Yoongi's silence. This is the kind of silence that nests an uneasy feeling in my chest. They say, before the storm comes the calm.

He didn't leave his room even once in the last couple of days. The only sign that he's, indeed, there is the occasional sound of turning on and off of the shower. It seems he's taking shower every two hours.

If I didn't know him as well as I do, I'd think that I need to find a way to talk to him, not let him lose himself in grief but I know better than to do that.