03. Welcome Back Home

🥀𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐🥀

🥀𝚅𝚘𝚝𝚎&𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝🥀

🥀𝙴𝙽𝙹𝙾𝚈🥀

⚜ ▪︎ ⚜ ▪︎ ⚜

"I'm not in danger, I am the danger"

⚜ ▪︎ ⚜ ▪︎ ⚜

[Y/N's POV]

I absolutely hate this cursed country. There's nothing good for me, never was and never will be.

I stand at the street wrapped in the blanket, the police officer gave me. Gnawing sense of ennui fills me as I stare at half a dozen police cars, red and blue lights dancing across my field of vision.

A slight breeze waves my hair behind my shoulders and makes my fallen tears freeze on my cheeks.

After nonstop crying for an hour and telling how awful it was to be there and how I'm never going to fall asleep ever again, the police officers were entirely convinced that I'm a regular prostitute and can have nothing to do with such a terrible thing as murder.

Telling me that I should not leave the country and that I'll have to go to the police station for additional questioning, they let me leave with Daniel, who introduced himself as my step-brother. I and Daniel slowly walk to the car, his hands wrapped around me to give an expression that I'm still in shock.

"To the airport," I order the moment he closes the car door, "I'm getting the hell out of here, right now".

"Y/N you can't...," he says but doesn't get a chance to finish his sentence.

"Yes, I can," I practically yell as he starts driving, "I came back, to do my job and what in the end," I wave my hands dramatically, "some piece of. . . work kills the bastard and makes me deal with the consequences," I feel anger rush through my veins as I recall everything that took place earlier.

"I understand you," he says in a surprisingly calm voice making me even angrier if it's possible.

"No..." I start yelling again, but he holds his hand up to silence me his eyes never leaving the road, and my mouth closes with an audible snap.

"Yes, I do understand you, Y/N," he continues authority entering his voice "but, the thing is that police will call you for questioning again, and when you don't show up all suspicions are going to fall on you. And if they suspect anything, and I mean anything, they're going to do everything to find you."