37. Bargain

🪐𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐🪐

🪐𝚅𝚘𝚝𝚎&𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝🪐

🪐𝙴𝙽𝙹𝙾𝚈🪐

⏳  ᯽  ⏳  ᯽  ⏳

"A goal without a plan is just a wish."

⏳  ᯽  ⏳  ᯽  ⏳

[Y/N's POV]

I listen as if her words are golden, perhaps some elixir I've been waiting for all these days.

Nicole regurgitates the truth, looking like the words are making her sick. I can clearly see the battle of the warring rush of relief and sheer horror in her eyes as she continues talking about the sequence of events that's led her to this point.

She tells me how frightened she was when the news of my father's murder broke out, shaking the core of the criminal underworld. How she was forced to work for Mac to keep herself safe after she understood I had no intention of coming back. And how she was obliged to vanish from all radars to prove her loyalty to the Lim family.

Guilt and sorrow rip through me when I finally let the truth sink in: I'm one of them. Whether I want it or not I'm a member of a family which is guilty of so many miseries and I can't change it. It makes me sick.

"I'm not you." Nicole muses quietly, wringing her hands. "You like playing with fire, Y/N, but I'm afraid of that fire, any sane person is, because fire burns." she breathes out as her tongue glides over her lips, licking the purple lipstick away. "I'm not a fighter. I'm not a survivor. I'm not Yoongi or Joon or Jin. I wouldn't survive even one day if I chose to stand against him." She speaks as her voice rises with every word.

"Yes, I was afraid. Yes, I was a coward. And maybe I did the wrong thing by starting to work for your brother. But it was the best decision for that time because that was the only way I could be helpful." She takes a deep breath, running her slender fingers over her perfect ponytail. "Why do you think Yoongi is still alive?" Her question makes my eyelids part massively, as I hold her gaze with an inquiring look.

Yoongi's grumpy voice caresses my ears. "When I got arrested two years ago why do you think they didn't get rid of me?"

Yoongi was right.

Nicole was our close friend and she knew that whatever I did, Yoongi was the only possible candidate that could have some information about my actions. That simple fact made Yoongi priceless for someone who wanted to find me. And the same fact was what kept Yoongi alive all this time inside that prison's walls.