11. ~Investigating~

-In the Lost Cities-

Biana's point of view:

"Oh great," Keefe mumbles as Mr. Forkle leaves the room to talk through the imparter in peace, "Just what we need. Councillor Alina and her other sparkly crowned friends--"

"Hey. At least some of them have been nicer... " I interrupt, trying to stay positive.

It was true. The council had been a little more reasonable recently. But then again, that didn't stop me from wanting to through alicorn poop at Alina's head.

Linh shrugs, "I think it's necessary to involve them though."

"Why? Do you think that they'll be able to do anything... oh I don't know. Anything else to help the kidnapping situation?" Tam mutters.

Then out of the corner of my eye I see Dex scratch his head nervously.

"I mean... there ARE other places we haven't checked yet," he says, emphasizing 'are', "We've only searched Havenfield, and sure. Maybe there are clues still lingering around here that we haven't discovered yet. But, I mean, if I were the kidnappers, and I wanted to take someone as prisoners, wouldn't I go far away from the place I took them?"

"Exactly!" Keefe exclaims.

"Weren't you just the one a moment ago saying that you didn't want to involve the councillors?" Ro says all of the sudden, making us all jump.

"Forgot I was here?" she adds, as she smirks, "Here. Let me put my input on this kidnapping then. What I think we should all do is use my amazing senses and help lead the way to the end of the burnt smell in this room... which MAN is it strong. Also--"

I turn to sniff the air, "Really?" I ask, "I don't smell anything."

"And that's just because your puny little noses can't sense that out," Ro says defiantly.

I open my mouth to argue, and say that we were the ones to flood her city, when Mr. Forkle walks in again.

"I'm sure that you can do that," he says, eyeing Ro, "But we should settle for what we have in front of us first--"

"Ahem. Am I, or am I not in front of you?" Ro interrupts, putting her hands on her hips.

Mr. Forkle shakes his head, "And I did not mean quite that literally. What I meant was what Mr. Dizznee was talking about..."

He turns to Dex, "I presume you wanted to check out the place you and Sophie we both kidnapped?"

I shudder at the memories of a faded Sophie and unconscious Dex. Earlier, when Sophie had first arrived in the Lost Cities, she had gotten kidnapped by the Neverseen. We didn't know it was the Neverseen at the time, or Keefe's mom, but those memories are officially implanted in my nightmares.

I guess I also felt that part of it was my fault... for that bratty Stina told on me, saying that my dad forced me to get along with Sophie, ending up with her running off toward the cave anddd all that bad stuff.

Though I guess I shouldn't be calling Stina bratty. I used to be pretty bratty myself.

But I really did want to be friends with Sophie. Later on at least...

Basically in summary I used to be stupid.

Which is probably why I then found myself asking, "Can I go along with Dex to the cave? Maybe you'll need my vanishing."