17. ~Long Island~

-In the Lost Cities-

Keefe:

Okay.

Registry pendants off.

Weird human clothes on.

And now....

"Looks like we're all set!" I exclaim, strutting my way over to the center of the room.

Today was finally the day.

The day that we were going to unleash my fantastic plan.

The day we were finally going to save Foster.

Then someone pulls me back, "Uh... not so fast, Hunkyhair-"

I cut Ro off with a sigh, "Can we just get going now?" I whine.

"Like I said earlier, this 'rescue mission' is going to take more effort than you realize, Keefe," Mr. Forkle interrupts, "Everyone needs to understand that this isn't just a trip to the Forbidden Cities. It's more of... "

"A trip down memory lane?" I guess.

Mr. Forkle stares at me for a second, then turns back to looking out the window. "Huh. Was it that obvious?"

I snort, "Um... when the council and Black Swan shut all the kids and bodyguards out of the room, I'm guessing that means you're discussing "secret matters"?"

"Or another disagreement between the Black Swan and council?" Fitz comments.

Dex groans, "Why can't we all just live in peace for once?"

"Because trouble will always follow us no matter how hard we try to get rid of it," Mr. Forkle answers, "And no, this isn't just a disagreement between the Black Swan and council. It's more of a rocky past between the elvin race."

"I'm an elf," Bangs Boy interrupts, "How come I've never heard of this before then?"

"Correction then... more of a rocky past between the 'older' elvin race," Mr. Forkle tells him.

I see Linh cross her arms in the corner of my eye, "Then why can't you tell us about it?"

Mr. Forkle heaves a heavy sigh, and sits down in one of the chairs closest to him.

"Because, Miss Song... we all took off our registry pendants for a reason. I suppose it is a bit of a disagreement with the council in a way... they didn't want us to go to the place that Miss Foster may be," Mr. Forkle says.

"Wait," Biana interrupts, "May? So we don't even know if this place in the Forbidden Cities is where Sophie is?"

Mr. Forkle glaces at her, "I suspect high chances it is Miss Vacker. And even if the possibility that it isn't is true... taking this trip could help relieve some stuff between each other."

"Who?" Everyone in the room asks at the same time.

Then Mr. Forkle goes quiet again, and proceeds to pack the backpack he wants us to take along.

I sigh annoyingly loud to make sure everyone knows what I'm feeling right now.

And speaking of feelings... I couldn't directly feel what Mr. Forkle's emotions were like right now, but I was pretty certain that we were all going to be in danger soon.

"You know... " Fitz's voice says, filling in the silence, "Whatever is going on right now, it's reminding me a lot of like the time when we were trying to find Nightfall... and the council had to explain what happened to the whole, "human alliance"?"