14. ~Revealing~

-At Camp Half-Blood-

Sophie:

"So... what do you think?"

I look around the room, not really sure what to make of it.

So I just look back at Jason, Percy, and Annabeth with blank eyes.

Jason meets my gaze and sighs as he runs his hand through his blonde hair.

"Look," he says, getting my attention, "I know this is going to be hard to get used too--and trust me. Everyone's first full day at camp isn't all candy and fun. You just have to... get used to it, I guess."

I breathe in a deep breath, reminding myself to breathe, and try taking another glance around the room.

Not the most elaborate cabin out of all of them--though it was at the front of the line up of all the cabins. It was plain, with white marble, with big columns out front with polished bronze doors emblazoned with lightning bolts.

Though it was better than the Aphrodite cabin. All the pink and sparkle made me want to gag for some reason.

Jason, Percy, and Annabeth were giving me a tour of Camp Half-Blood, first taking me to The Big House, then the training area, and then the Camp Half-Blood forest. They advised me though not to go into the forest, unless armed or with someone else.

And now we were at the big circle of cabins.

Percy was apparently son of Poseidon, Annabeth was daughter of Athena, and then Jason was son of Jupiter aka Zeus--which brought back a weird, fuzzy memory of a class full of a bunch of older kids and a teacher lecturing to us about Greek Mythology....

And along the tour, I had pinched myself a bunch of times to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

No luck yet... waking up, that is.

So now we were in the what-was-apparently the Zeus cabin. (which smelled very strongly like fresh wind and rain too)

"This is where you'll be staying for now," Annabeth speaks up, saving me from trying to think of something to say, "At least until someone comes to claim you."

I blink, "Comes to claim me??"

Percy laughs, "No, not that literally. It just means you'll be waiting for whoever your godly parent is to finally fess up that they were mingling with mortals."

"Oh," was the only answer I could come up with for that statement.

So then we're back to the agonizing silence of awkwardness, confusion, and stillness churning in the air.

I clear my throat, "So... if... if a god, is apparently going to 'claim' me somehow later... why am I staying in the Zeus cabin if he may not be my....... parent?"

They all shrug in unison, "I thought there was a cabin for undetermined campers," Jason says, "But Chiron really wanted you to try out the Zeus cabin for some reason."

"Which is odd though because The Big Three usually avoid having demigods as children. And Chiron all of the sudden pushing you in here?" Annabeth questions.

"Well she did fall from the sky with a strike of lightning... sooo.... ... Jupite-- I mean Zeus, is probably the most reasonable.. " Jason chimes in.

"I fell from the sky with a strike of lightning???" I ask with confusion.

They all look at me like I'm crazy, "You don't remember?" Percy asks.

"I... " I start to say.

But then I falter.