2. ~ At Camp Half-Blood ~

Percy's point of view:

"NOW NOW.... Settle down!!!" Chiron's voice booms over the crowd of demigods.
Some still talked in whispers but other wise it was pretty dead silent.
By now in my "demigod history", it wasn't really that surprising that a new prophecy has been spoken. I mean... I've already lived longer than expected.
So I was pretty silent the whole time.
"Thank you," Chiron says plainly, "Now, where was I—"
"Explaining about this new spooky and scary prophecy came up out of nowhere and—" a voice starts to pipe up from the Apollo table
I didn't really know him personally though. I didn't really pay attention to the new batch of demigods very much.
"That'll be enough Ray," Chiron says in a deep voice.
Ray, huh?
Maybe he because he was a child of Apollo, he was named after the rays of sunshine. Get it???? Get—
"Percy!" Annabeth exclaims, sliding over to the seat next to me. She technically wasn't supposed to do that but she's learned from the best troublemaker...
Me, of course.
"Are you even paying attention to what Chiron is saying?!" She whisper hisses, breaking my whole mental dialog.
"Uh yeah," I say leaning my back against the table.
She rolls her eyes, "Uh... yeah," she mimics and then snaps, "No you're not!"
I try my best attempt not to smile, but it was pretty hard.
So I try putting an arm around her to see if that would keep her from hitting me, "Alright. Fine. I'm not paying attention. For a good reason though," I tell her, "I'm trying to one, make a plan on how we can fix this prophecy panic mess..."
I stop down to see her reaction before going on. She looks up at me with descent curious eyes. Good sign.
So I add the rest of my sentence, "And two," I say, "Its kind of hard to focus when I'm this hungry—"
She jabs me in the ribs.
"Hey!" I say, "What? It's true! One of the only reasons I came back to Camp Half-Blood was for the food."
It was true though. Annabeth had pleaded with me for us to come back here for the summer because she missed it so much, and eventually I gave in to make her happy.
It was sorta a good thing we did though, because wow! Totally coincidence! A prophecy just somehow had to be spoken yesterday, the day we come back to stay again!
I take a glance back down at Annabeth and at her stormy gray eyes glaring at me still. Then she pulls out some papers.
"What's that?" I ask as she puts them on the table, "Did you take notes or something while Chiron was talking?"
"No, silly," she says poking me playfully on the shoulder, "Just some ideas I have for while we have our stay here."
"And for the prophecy?" I ask
"Well... I mean they could help," she shrugs
I look at her confusedly for a second.
They?
"I thought we could invite some people that have the summer off to like we do," she says grinning a little.
Wait.....
Ohhh wait—-
"Friend reunion?" I ask
"Argo11 reunion," she corrects
A smile spreads across my face. Leo had reappeared a little time ago with Calypso (please. Spare me explaining the awkward conversation.) with us lining up to hit him for making us think he was dead. (A.N. - *coughs* slight spoiler from Trials of Apollo. Also in my fanfic let's just say Apollo is still a god and uh... Jason is still here! :) basically Leo came back, except Trials of Apollo hasn't happened yet.)
"You think they can help with the prophecy?" I ask
"Probably," she agrees, "And most likely some demigod here that will get involved," she says, rolling her eyes and sighing in exasperation
"Hey we were those people for like... uh all my life until now..?" I ask
She leans on my shoulder, "Yeah. I don't think it's ending anytime soon."
I smile.
"Alright!" Chiron suddenly booms, "You all may be dismissed!!"
I sit up kinda startled and look around to see all the other campers murmuring with their friends and walking back to their own cabins.
"Wha—" I start to say
Annabeth grabs my hand in response, "C'mon seaweed brain. Let's brain storm in my cabin.

Annabeth's POV:
"Whew!" I say as I collapse on my bunk.
That was a lot of information to take in.
I look over at Percy who's just playing around with his pen, which is actually a sword.
"Helllo?? Seaweed brain??" I say waving a hand in his face. He actually was supposed to be in his own Poseidon cabin, but no one really cared. I think everyone was used to seeing Percy just randomly in here by now.
"Yes?" He asks, making his voice high on purpose
I rolls my eyes, "What was the prophecy again?" I ask. I actually already memorized most of it, but I wanted to test him and see if he even knew the first line.
Then he surprised me by saying to whole entire prophecy, "T'was the last journeys good. Lives where spared. But this time around, Mother Nature may not care."
He clears his throat, "The Queen of the Heavens..."
He shudders at the part and looks at me with half should I go on and I'm worried eyes.
And I knew why.
The Queen of the Heavens....
There's only one. And we happen to have very bad experience from her.

Hera.

"Go on," I urge him, wrapping my arms around his neck and leaning on him for support.
He nods and continues, "Anyways.... uh..." he says, "The Queen of the Heavens, made another fair deal... but only to the ones... that she is appealed."
"A city found. New light and leap. The hourglass sand..... and... and..."
"Maybe defeat," I finish for him when he can't.
I look up at him and see that he actually looks all of the sudden very tired. Typical I guess.
"What do you think the last section means?" I ask him to keep him awake.
"A city found? New light and leap? The hourglass sand?? And maybe defeat?!?! It doesn't even make any sense," he says
I sigh because I know he's right.
Even as a child of Athena, I was a little stumped.
A city found?? Hourglass sand????
I would have to ask Chiron more in the morning.
I open my mouth to say something else to Percy when I realize he's fallen asleep in my arms.
I snort as I see him drooling as ever.
Some things with never change.
So I wrap him up in my bunk blanket and let him be to rest. Then I go outside into the cool night for some fresh air.

And for some reason?

In my gut, I had a bad feeling about this prophecy.

~ 1158 words ~ hope you liked the chapter ~ Author ~