5. ~Gone~

-in the Lost Cities-

Before, Sophie's point of view:

The meeting was over.
Everyone leaped away, Keefe and Fitz lingered behind though telling me that next time anymore nightmares happened, to let them know.
I told them I would.

Thoughhhh in the back of my head I knew I probably wouldn't.

But little did I know at the time that there may not be a next time.

-present time-

Sophie:

"You alright?"

I look up to see Edaline standing there in front of my doorway. Along with Sandor of course as well, standing along to the side.
I shrug in response.
"Did anything in particular happen today? School? Friends? Meeting? .....Boys?" She asks next, coming over to my bed.
I groan, "Mom..." I whine.
She laughs, "Sorry. I'm acting like Grady now, aren't I?"
I half smile.
"I think your just tired..." she continues after a beat of studying me.
"I'm alright," I say.
Edaline frowns a little but doesn't press any farther.
"Try to get some rest tonight," she says instead, "You have training tomorrow after Foxfire."
"Oh. Right," I say blankly.
I forgot about that.
And the thought of it made my limbs sore all over again. And just so you know, it didn't help that all our bodyguards went with us and were hard core about defending yourself and fighting and what not.
"It's good training just in case," Edaline tells me as if she's reading my thoughts.
"But the Neverseen hasn't attacked in like... months!" I protest.
"Well..." Edaline draws out as she comes over and gives me a goodnight kiss on my head, "Maybe that means there planning something bigger this time than just little attacks here and there."
I sigh.
Edaline pats my shoulder, and the conjures Ella (my stuffed animal elephant I brought with me from the Forbidden Cities) and helps me get situated for sleep.
"Are you going to reach out to Silveny tonight?" She asks.
I hesitate for a moment.
The alicorn was good for nightmares....
And we did seem to have a connection with my 'alicorn DNA' and horse stuff..... (don't you dare call me horse girl)
But...
"I think I'll let her be tonight," I say at last, "She's probably tired herself anyways."
Edaline nods her head.
"Well.. good night then," she says standing up and going to the door frame, "See you in the morning. Love you."
"See you in the morning," I repeat back sleepily.
And in the back of my head, I know she walks away and taps the door behind her...
But I'm already half asleep.
My eyelids all of the sudden feel heavy... like something is weighing it down...

I just...

Need...

To sleep..........

But then—-

BOOM!!!

Lightning strikes again...

And...

Darkness.

~shorter chapter~very mysterious one though O.o~hope you liked it :D~Dont forget to vote, comment and spread the word of my story ^u^ ~Author~