16. ~Reyna~

Long chapter today!! Sorry for the long wait for an update. Enjoy! :P

-At Camp Half-Blood-

Sophie:

"Whoa... " I breathe as I enter the shed.

After we left the Zeus cabin, we went to the Athena cabin and to a small shed to the side.

And inside?

Lined up on every corner of the shed were weapons. All. Sorts. Of. Weapons.

Which would honestly usually terrify me. Who wants to be in a shed full of blades and arrows?

But something about this...

It really was sort of beautiful.

The sun shined on the blades-- creating beams of different colored lights bouncing off the room. Rhinestones embedded into handles, and arrows gleaming with ability.

"There are more at the Hephaestus Cabin," Annabeth then informs me, breaking my thoughts, "They like to create their own. But I prefer taking campers to look here."

Percy nods in agreement, "Yeah. She takes lots of pride in this shed," he stage-whispers to me, earning another glare from Annabeth.

"Anyways," Annabeth continues, "Go ahead and choose! Try out different weapons before you decide which one is yours though. And if you want recommendations, I can give you some."

"Oh. Uh... sure?" I ask, not really sure where to start in this mass museum arsenal.

Jason picks up the closest knife, "How about this?" he hands it over and places it in my hand.

I grip the padded handle, and try holding it in each hand.

"What hand are you?" Percy asks.

I look up at him, "What do you mean?"

"Like... what hand do you write with?" Percy asks, "So that when you use your weapon, you will probably use that hand."

"Oh," I sit down on one of the stools and think.

Which hand did I write with?

Which hand did I throw with?

Which foot did I kick with?

"I... I don't know," I finally admit, scrunching my eyebrows together.

"Maybe you're ambidextrous then," a new voice says at the door of the shed.

I look up and squint my eyes at the open door, trying to block out the sun and see the figure that was standing at the door frame.

It was a boy. Smaller than Percy and Jason.

He had tan skin and messy dark brown hair. And he stood nonchalantly at the edge of the door, lifting his chin in a mischievous smile.

"Leo, you're not supposed to be here," Annabeth says, walking over to the door and trying to close it.

"I'm not supposed to be here??" Leo repeats, "So... me. Leo Valdez, doesn't belong in a room full of weapons. I don't really see how--"

Annabeth makes a loud sigh to cut him off, "That's not what I meant-- and you know that! Chiron specifically requested that only Jason, Percy, and I take Sophie around camp so we don't cause so much commotion--"