4. ~A Talk About History~

Annabeth's point of view:

After last nights walk outside, right as I walked into the Athena cabin, I fell asleep right away.
And... well...

Surprisingly, no dreams.

And usually, that meant bad things were going to happen soon.
As I woke up I saw that Percy had gone back to his own cabin already, so I decided to get up as well.
Then I remembered the mental note I made myself the day before. I should go talk to Chiron.
Now I mean... I could talk to Mr. D, aka Dionysus, but he probably uh... wouldn't really listen to me if you know what I mean.....
Witty gods. They sometimes think they know everything.
I walked out of the Athena cabin and—
"Hello," says a voice behind me.
I look over my shoulder and see Chiron standing right there behind me!
"Oh. Hello," I say as a squeak from my throat escapes with surprise.
Chiron smiles, "Do you need something?" He asks.
"I do actually," I say slowly, "How... did you know?" I ask.
His smile falls a little, "You has that look on your face. Like when you're curious about something. I assume it's about—"
"The prophecy," I finish for him, "Yes. I was wondering if you knew anything about it?"
Now his smile really falls. He sighs, and looks out onto the other demigods doing archery.
"I'm afraid... I have a feeling...... on what this is about....." he says slowly with a grim face.
I was afraid he was going to say that.
I wait for him to continue, which means it was silent for a very awkward two minutes.
"Let's walk. I'll try to explain to you as we do," he finally says, "You're a smart girl Annabeth. I think you'll understand. Hopefully."
I nod my head even though I actually have no clue what he means by 'hopefully you'll understand'.
We start walking slowing around in front of all the cabins.
"So I've been around for a while now," Chiron begins, "Old enough to have been there in present time when many events you hear about in history happened," he says.
I nod my head respectfully.
"And you do know, or I should hope, by now that the gods and goddesses like to... well cover up certain events... because of humiliation, or maybe... plans gone wrong..? " he asks.
"Yes," I say back, "I know a lot about that," I sigh.
Not only did the gods and goddesses like to hide things and keep them a secret, whenever you ask them for help on a death journey quest, all they give is...
for example:
Sail all the way across half the world and have your boyfriend's mind erased and try not to die while you're at it.
Or:
Fall into the pit of Tartarus and go through the doors of death and basically live through the experience of being dead.
Amazing I tell you.
"Anyways," Chiron continues, breaking my thoughts, "As you have experience with that," He eyes me like he knows what I'm thinking, "Let me tell you about a.. an incident that happened a long time ago."
We then stop in front of the... Well Poseidon cabin underneath the shade of a tree.
"Do you know about elves?"
I look at him.
Well... I didn't expect that.
"Like I said," Chiron quickly recovers, "I don't know if I'm right."
I eyes him, "Well.... my cousin, Magnus, you know. The one that's son of Frey in Norse Mythology—"
"Yes," Chiron says, "I remember... that incident you told me about."
I nod, "Yeah. Well anyways one of his best friends, Hearthstone, I'm pretty sure is an elf."
Chiron scratches his head, "Oh yes. Well... I don't know if that's the sort of elf I'm exactly talking about, but, I guess that leads to what I'm going to tell you."
He takes a deep breath, "There are places out there Annabeth, beyond Camp Half-Blood. Beyond Camp Jupiter. Even beyond Mount Olympus. Well... I guess not that far but they are a hidden place. Why are they hidden? For safety. Safety of their people. Safety from bad things outside in the human world. Safe from things like us."
I take this all in slowly as I slowly make my head go up so I can face him, "So wait. We have enemies, that I've for some reason never heard of in some different world or whatever and they're elves—-"
"Hey Wise Girl," someone suddenly interrupts.
I look up to see my for right now very very very annoying boyfriend for interrupting us.
I gawk at him but not because of his "sparkly sea green eyes" or whatever but because he really does know how to interrupt a conversation at perfect timing.
Percy looks at me confusedly, and then turns to Chiron, "Oh. Uh... hi."
Chiron smiles a Why-right-now kind of smile and also a it's-so-great-to-see-you kind of smile a well.
"Hello Percy," he says, "Nice to see you again."
Percy smiles and nods and then turns to me, "Uh... Sorry if I was interrupting a conversation—"
I'm about to slap him and say OF COURSE YOU DID when Chiron beats me to the response and then says instead, "Don't worry. Annabeth and I will finish it later. Right?" He asks me, empathizing the right.
I sigh and then nod my head.
"Good," Chiron says, and then just like that, walks away.
I don't know whether to sigh in exasperation or slap Percy in the face.
I do both.
"Hey!!! Okay okay I get it. I interrupted you!!!" Percy whines.
"Well now you understand at least," I retort.
Percy rolls his eyes, "Well, Anyways. I interrupted to ask..."
He points to the other campers gathering together.
"Capture the flag Wise Girl?"
I look at him.
"Fine," I sigh, but then smile.
"Just like old times huh?" Percy teases when he sees me smile.
I grunt, "Yeah I guess," I say and cross my arms.
But then for some reason I lean over to his cheek for a sweet little kiss.
He doesn't seem surprised by it, and gladly takes it.
I snort, "Race you there!" I call as I dash down to the other campers.

So we run together, playing capture the flag just like old times, dashing through forests and streams (and him obnoxiously spraying me with water).
Then the Argoll crew shows up later in the day and we have lots and lots of fun with all of them.

But.

There's a little different of a story that happened at camp fire.

1113 words~hope you liked the chapter~leave comments below~Author