8. ~Welcome!~

-At Camp Half Blood-

Sophie:

Power.

Life.

Energy.

I needed to run.

Flee from this madness.

This... this full power and yet...

Broken

Wonderful

Blankness.

-A Little Later-

Sophie:

That's it.
I'm tired of starring at this darkness.
Or light.
Or whatever!!!
Light and dark. I know... opposite right?
Or at least I think so...

My mind right now....

Just felt...

So blank.

And that's when light broke in through the clouds....
Light...
Light...

And....

A boy....

Wait.

What—

"What??" I suddenly gasp. And by gasp, I mean like my lungs hadn't gotten oxygen or something.

I look around with my eyes, afraid to move at all.

Where was I?

"Welcome," a boy with messy blonde hair remarks, as he puts away strands of bandages. He doesn't even bother to look up at me, which I take as a relief.

But then he walks over to a table and grabs a bottle of something... or I guess some sort of liquid...

"Here," He says, "This should help clear your mind."

I look at him for a second, questionably, but then when he just holds out the bottle in front of me with no comment, I carefully take it out of his hand and drink it.

"It's... supposed to clear my mind?" I ask, my voice squeaking for some reason.

The boy shrugs, "It should. Is it helping?" He asks, as I take a gulp of it.

I wait a few second before saying, "No.. not really."

"Give it a few minutes then," the boy suggests, "Or maybe a day. You had a pretty hard fall there."

"Fall???" I ask.

"Oh yeah. Definitely," the boy says, "Do you remember much about it? Or do you remember what caused it, or what you saw, or what you did or were before all of this happened??"

"Easy.. Sunshine Boy," a shadow-y voice says from somewhere in this place, "This isn't twenty questions."

"What??" The supposedly "Sunshine Boy" asks, "I just thought that it may help to know how she sees things, after all that happened."

Then there's rustling somewhere in front of me, and the shadow-y voice asks me instead of five questions, only one.

"What's your name?"

Silence.

I sit up a little more from what looked like I was laying in some sort of bed-thingy, and take a better glance at the two people in front of me.

The shadow-y voice, I realize, is coming from a "shady" person himself. He's dressed in mostly all blacks, or grays, has shaggy brown hair, and an unreadable look on his face.

The blonde boy on the other hand, looked merely the opposite to the other boy, and looked strangely familiar to someone I've seen before for some reason... with those light blue eyes and blonde hair—-

"Hello?" A voice cuts into my head.

"What??" I ask, a little embarrassed for not realizing that they were talking.

"I asked, what's your name?"

I suck in a breath as I try to recall the simple question.
I also try not to let my humiliation get to me from the long pause again.

But then...

Something suddenly clicks.

"Sophie," I blurt out.

"My name is Sophie Foster."