Cactus x All Star reader

This is it. The minigame everyone called in for. It's Team Vanquish. Every plant and zombie are ready for this. I stood there, using my Football Cannon as a stool.

We're at the Funderdome where plants and zombies compete in battles like this. I heard the bell ring as the match has begun. I picked up my Football Cannon and ran inside to take cover.

"All Star! Wait up!" I stopped and turned around to see Foot Soldier and Imp catching up to me. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked them. "We just wanted to team up with you." Imp said. I shook my head. "Thanks, but I don't need help right now." "But All Star-" Imp froze in fear as we heard something zipped past us. I set my Dummy Shield down and look to see a Cactus shooting at us.

"Cactus!?" I said it in my head. I turned around and hide behind the Dummy Shield. She isn't alone, isn't she? I looked back and then Cactus is gone. "You guys split up. I'll go scout ahead." I said to them. "Ok. You heard him. Let's split up so we can get our brainz!" "Yeah!" We heard Imp said as we cheer for the brainz we crave. We split up to vanquish some plants.

I saw a Sunflower reviving Kernal Corn. I used my Imp Punt and kick it towards Sunflower. She screech in pain and then down on the floor, vanquish. I laughed so hard. "Ha! You plants think you're so smart?" I keep taunting to the vanquished Sunflower. "You guys can't stop us! We'll become strong, brave and unstopa-" I stopped talking when I heard a scream coming from inside. I raced my way inside to see...

"Cactus!" I saw Cactus on the ground. She's holding her chest in pain. I ran to her. "A-All Star..." She looked at me. I asked her. "What happened?" "I got hit by a ZPG." I hold her hand. She hissed in pain all because of that ZPG. Cactus looked up at me. "All Star...I'm not going to make it..." "No! Don't say that! You have to make it." I whisper yelled to her.

"All Star! Listen to me... I want you to finish this match...please?" I feel my heart sink as I feel tears pouring down on my face. She's going to be dead. I won't be able to see her. I feel Cactus's hand touch my helmet. "It's ok.. All Star... I'll be fine... *cough*" "Just finish this..... for me...." That's the last thing I hear Cactus said that and then she was down, vanquished.

"No!!!! She's dead! I can't lose her like this! The plants will always win. Nevertheless, they're still smart and we're dumb. I can wait for her to respawn, but she will spawn in a random area. I swear I heard something coming to-"

I was snapped out of my thoughts when all of a sudden, I knocked back by Citron ramming into me like a boulder. I was slammed against the wall. My health is at 110. I used my Football Cannon and started firing at him. Citron defended himself by using his Peel Shield.

"Brains..." Peashooter came to back him up. I used an Imp Punt and kick it towards them, destroying Citron's Peel Shield. I see Peashooter rooting his Gatling Pea Cannon and starts shooting at me. I placed a Dummy Shield down to protect myself from the attack, but it was taken down by Peashooter's Gatling Pea Cannon.

"Brains!" Peashooter keeps on shooting me. Blow after blow as my health keeps dropping from 110 to 40. I feel my vision going blurry, but I keep standing up and fire my Football Cannon at them.

I was in rage mode. My mind was going completely blank as I keep firing until my Football Cannon stopped and there's little smoke coming out from it.

"Ugh...not this again!" I forgot all about my Football Cannon having to overheat. My health is regenerating a little, but not so much. Now the plants have the advantage of taking me down! The last thing I saw was Snapdragon headbutting me on the head and then everything went black...

"All Star...wake up." I heard someone calling my name. Who was it? "Come on, wake up!" I slowly open my eyes to see my blurred vision. I adjusted it only to find out that I was in Town Center. "Thank the Mega Flower, you're awake." I eyes widen as I remember that voice before. I looked up and saw Cactus looking down at me.

I blush a bit. "I saw you unconscious. When the match ended, I carried you to Town Center to recover." Cactus said as she feel my head with one of her hands. I think these were spiky hands. "Can you stand?" Cactus asked me. I stand up on my feet. "Yes. My health is restored." I said as I looked at my health.

"Goodie goodie!" Cactus smiled in happiness and hugged me. I blushed harder and hugged her. I feel Cactus let go of me and looked at me with cute eyes. "Come on All Star, let's go explore Town Center." Cactus said. "Ok Cactus." I smiled at her as we explore Town Center. We're best friends till this day.