Chapter One

Before the story begins I have to give a huge and massive thank you to Lia_the_fangirl for making me a new cover for Locked in Marriage! It looks absolutely incredible and I love it! Thank you so much!!

******

"Oh my God! Oh my God! What is this ring doing on my finger? What is that ring doing on your finger?! Get out of bed Colton this is serious, what did we do last night? I don't even remember! Get up Colton! I'm serious!" Kayla screamed. She was panicking. Why were they wearing wedding rings? She ripped the covers off the bed to get Colton up and he sat up immediately and began chuckling. Kayla glared at him and he just fell back into bed. She was pacing around the room trying to figure the night out, going through his pockets and through her purse. It was just like a scene from The Hangover.

* * * * *

One Day Earlier

Kayla was packing her suitcase when her two best friends, Molly and Finley, burst into her room. Molly had her brown hair styled in bouncing rims and her blue Ray Bans on. Finley was wearing an oversized hat to cover her fair skin and red hair. They had been planning a trip to Vegas for a long time as it was one of the last time the three of them would be together. Finley was going to Europe to work and Molly was moving to New York. Kayla felt completely left behind considering her friends were moving away on new adventures and she was still stuck in Los Angeles getting a degree.

Nate had slowed down her life and she had been too blinded to see it. He had all these ideas on how their life was going to be; she would be the perfect trophy wife for him and would help him to become President. He wanted her to stand by his side and support him, which she was completely satisfied with. She was happy with him and the best part was that he got a long really well with her father. He was there to protect her and provide for her; everything she had been taught to look for in a husband.

But when she had found him cheating on her, she was devastated. She had walked into his office to join him for a gala dinner while he was embracing another women. Kayla hadn't even stayed long enough to hear his excuses or see who the woman was; she ran out of the building crying and calling for a cab. She didn't leave her room for weeks, while he flaunted his new girlfriend around like she was the new version of a car. Her life was plastered all over TV in Washington and she didn't know how to handle it. Before when they were engaged the media were always nice to her, complimenting her on everything she did. But the minute she became the ex-fiancé, the media completely embarrassed her and annihilated her. She had never felt so violated in her life. She saw her whole world fall apart around her and she didn't know what to do. Her entire adult life revolved around him and now that she didn't have him she felt like she had nothing. Kayla considered going back to him and talking to him, but Molly and Finley had firmly talked her out of it. And she was glad of that. This was her first girl's trip as a single woman and she was going to enjoy it.

"Are you ready to go yet? The cab is waiting for us!" Molly exclaimed. She adjusted her brown hair before fixing her red scarf around her neck in the long mirror hanging on Kayla's light purple bedroom wall. Finley came in after her and then tried to help Kayla with shutting her suitcase. They both jumped on the black suitcase and Molly quickly came around to zip it up.

"Okay, lets go! I am beyond ready for this trip," Kayla squealed. She picked up her iPhone 5 and began walking out of her bedroom with her suitcase wheeling behind her and towards her apartment door. When they had reached the cab they all piled in the back seat and the driver began to take them to the airport. They thanked the cab driver and quickly picked up a trolley to wheel their bags into the airport.