Chapter Twenty-Two

Colton awoke to the excited shrieks of Ashley and David's sons and rolled over to see Kayla lying next to him.

"Merry Christmas," Colton said as he rustled her hair and kissed the top of her head. She smiled and rolled over to look at him staring at her.

"Merry Christmas," she said kissing him. "I guess we should get up since the boys will want to open their gifts." Kayla got up and sat on the edge of the bed for a minute before heading to the closet to change out of her pajamas. There was a quick knock on the door and before Colton could do anything Byron and Giovanna had bounded into his room and jumped on his bed just like Byron had done the day earlier.

"Oh my gosh. It is way too early for this," Colton said laughing as his siblings continued to jump. 'G's hair was in a messy bun and both she and Byron had their onesies on.

"Change into your onesie!" Giovanna said excitedly as she sat down next to her brother.

"Do I have to?" He asked.

"Yes you have to," Giovanna said pushing him to go and get it. Kayla had heard them and changed into her onesie and walked out of the closet.

"Look even Kayla has hers on," Byron said pointing at her. She smiled and giggled and joined them on the bed.

"That looks really good. I wasn't sure how it was going to look on but you pulled it off," Giovanna said nicely inspecting Kayla's onesie as she sat down next to her.

"Thanks. It's really comfortable, I like it a lot," Kayla said to her sister-in-law. Colton had gone to the closet to change and came back with his onesie on.

"Yours looks good too babe," Kayla said as he walked out.

"Come on time for presents!" Byron said hopping off the bed hurriedly with Giovanna at his heels.

"What are we twelve?" Colton said surprised at their excitement for presents.

"It's Christmas dude, lighten up," Byron said as he and Giovanna left the room. Colton shook his head and laughed and held out his hand for Kayla who grabbed it and got off the bed and walked down to the living room. When they made it to the living room, everyone had their onesies on except for Rick and Robert who insisted it was not proper for grown men to wear things like that. The boys had already organized everyone's gifts into piles and were handing everyone a gift so they could begin opening them. After three hours of opening gifts they were finally all done and they headed into the dining room for breakfast.

"What are the plans for today?" Rick asked as they sat down with their plates full of food.

"I'm not sure really. We can do anything," Robert said as he sat down in his seat.

"It's snowing out so we can go outside," Giovanna said as she began cutting her pancakes.

"We could totally go sliding on the hill further down the property," Byron said excitedly.

"Yeah or we could race our snowmobiles," Colton said excitedly. He and Byron had bought each other snowmobiles and also bought one for each of the younger boys.

"Yeah! I like that idea Uncle Colton," Matthew said as he ate his bacon.

"So do I actually," David said as he sat next to his son.

"There we have it then. We will drive our snowmobiles around this afternoon," Colton said. They quickly ate their breakfast and went to the garage where their winter jackets and snow pants were and dressed quickly. Colton grabbed the keys and opened up the garage where they kept the snowmobiles and the boys had gasped with excitement. They each jumped on their own and Colton and David taught them how to drive it properly.