Chapter Twenty

Colton and Kayla awoke to Byron running into their room and jumping on their bed.

"Wake up! Wake up! It's Christmas Eve Day!" He said jokingly laughing at his brother. Colton rolled over, half of his body on Kayla, rubbing his eyes. He was totally hung-over from the night before and he felt terrible. Colton grabbed his brother's legs and Byron fell on his back on the rest of the bed laughing.

"Please stop talking," Colton said as he rubbed his forehead. Kayla just laughed as she got out from under Colton and went to the bathroom to start the water for a bath.

"Don't shower yet. They put breakfast away at 9:30 so you only have a little bit of time left to get some," Byron yelled from the bed. He and Colton had sprawled out on the bed and Colton attempted to hide his face with a pillow.

"Oh okay. Can I just go down in my pajamas or do I have to get dressed?" Kayla asked coming back into the bedroom.

"Just in your pajamas is fine. Marge made your plate specifically for you Colty," Byron said as he got off the bed. Colton's head perked up, he loved when Marge made his breakfast, and he missed it so much since he was never here.

"Let's go. Time for breakfast," Colton said as he jumped out of bed and grabbed Kayla's hand. They walked swiftly to the dining room and when Colton arrived Marge had just put his plate down. Byron and Kayla both sat in the same seats as the night before and began to eat their own breakfast with Anna who joined them a few seconds later. Colton went over to Marge, who was a pudgy lady and had flour over her face with her red curly hair hidden underneath a chef's hat.

"Thank you, thank you. I've missed your cooking," Colton said as he hugged Marge. Kayla noticed that he was about a head and a half taller than Marge.

"Just my cooking Mr. Colton?" She said jokingly in her thick Newcastle accent.

"And you too of course," Colton said as he sat down and rubbed his hands together before chowing down on his breakfast with a big smile on his face, like a kid on Christmas.

"Enjoy your breakfast," Marge said as she quietly left the room.

"Okay so after breakfast Arthur said Glen can help us out with the garage on the other side of the fountain and gardens," Byron said as he dipped his toast into his egg.

"Why that garage?" Colton asked putting a piece of his omelet into his mouth.

"Apparently that's where all the decorations are," Byron said shrugging his shoulders.

"Oh well, that means we get to drive the golf carts around," Colton said excitedly.

"What are you two planning?" Kayla asked worried about their potential plans.

"We are planning to spruce the place up a bit. You know, make it more Christmas friendly," Byron said smiling.

"Like it used to be when we were kids? With the big tree in the entrance hall?" Anna asked excitedly.

"Yeah, we're going to try and find mom's old decorations and decorate the place before Kayla's family get here," Colton said looking over at Kayla who couldn't believe that Colton was actually going to do manual labor.

"You two are going to put up the decorations?" Kayla asked surprised. Anna choked on her orange juice as she began to laugh. Byron threw a little pancake at her and laughed as she threw it back at him.

"Not funny. We've done it before," Colton said to Kayla.

"Okay I was just wondering," Kayla said raising her eyebrows as she ate her pancakes.