Chapter Eighteen

When Kayla woke she was laying on his bare chest listening to his heartbeat. He was still sleeping soundly when she got out of bed and threw on his dress shirt as she walked to the bathroom to have a shower before she went to work. It was reminiscent of the first night they had spent together minus the yelling and shock of being married. When she got out of the shower Colton had rolled over but was still sleeping. Kayla went and sat beside him and kissed his cheek. He stirred a little but didn't open his eyes.

"Are you going to work this morning?" Kayla asked nicely. Colton rolled over and rested his hand on her leg.

"I haven't decided yet. But I guess I probably should," he said smiling as he sat up rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah you probably should," she said smiling at him. He got out of bed and had a quick shower before putting his suit on and joining Kayla for breakfast. He made his bowl of cereal and sat down with Kayla at the table.

"On Friday I have a charity gala if you would like to come with me," Colton said nicely.

"I would love to come," Kayla said surprised that he actually asked her. He smiled at her and finished his bowl but before he could stand up Kayla had grabbed his face and was looking at his cut.

"What are you doing?" He asked staring at her.

"I'm just making sure your cut is okay. It looks fine," she said as she let his face go and smiled at him. He grabbed his bowl and put it in the sink and Kayla straightened his tie before they left the house for work. Kayla kissed him and walked to her car and backed out of the driveway before Colton got in his car. He backed out of the driveway and noticed that Jennifer had been watching them again; she must have been spying on them. The day went by slowly but surely and so did the rest of the week until Friday.

"Colton! What should I wear to this ball?" Kayla yelled from upstairs. He had just got in the door from work and was not in the best of moods.

"A dress," he said back to her as he walked up the stairs. Kayla rolled her eyes; of course a dress she wasn't going naked.

"What kind of dress?" Kayla asked as he walked into the closet to change into a tuxedo.

"There are different kinds?" He asked trying to be funny. She hit him in the arm and smiled at him. He laughed and took his jacket off and hung it up. He pulled out his tuxedo and began to get unchanged to change into his tuxedo.

"I'll wear this one," Kayla pointed to a red bondage dress. She changed into her dress and Colton zipped it up for her. Colton put on his jacket and Kayla tied up his bow tie for him.

"Thank you," he said as he straightened his bow tie in the mirror. Kayla walked into the mirror as well to look at herself. Her brown hair was wavy and her dress accentuated the curves of her body and made her feel like the most beautiful woman. It fell to the floor and was tight around her upper body but then flew out around her legs. Colton looked very handsome as well, his hair had grown out and was wavy as well but slicked back and he had a little bit of scruff growing on his face which made him look rugged, which Kayla loved.

"We look really good," she said as they stood in the mirror checking themselves out. Colton looked over at her and he thought she looked absolutely beautiful. He couldn't wait to take her dress off later that night.

"We should probably go now," Colton said as he held his arm out for Kayla. She grabbed her black clutch and grabbed his arm and they walked down the stairs and out of the house towards the limo that waited. They headed towards the limo and got in the car as they headed off to the party.