Chapter Sixteen

Colton woke up super early at his friend's place and had the driver drive him back to his house before Kayla would be up. He had a shower and made himself breakfast before leaving for work. Kayla woke up at 6:30 right after Colton left the house. She stretched in bed and then got up and showered. She was really excited about her first day at the school but she was also nervous about it. She also couldn't get over the fact that her and Colton had had such a huge fight and that he had left the house. She didn't even hear him come home. When she got out of the shower she made herself a bowl of fruit and let the dogs out. She quickly ate her breakfast and put the dish in the dishwasher and let the dogs back into the house. She went upstairs and went to the closet to see what she could wear. She decided on a navy blue blazer and purple blouse and dark blue jeans. She put on her favorite gold and black Rolex watch and a pair of black and purple Louboutin. She straightened her hair and put her makeup on before grabbing her purse and getting into her Mercedes-Benz. She didn't want to drive the car Colton had bought for her but she had no other way of getting there and she didn't think arriving at her workplace in a cab would be the best idea. She arrived around 7:30 before any of the students and walked straight to the principle's office to find out where she would teach. When she arrived Evelyn was already in her office.

"Hi Kayla, so nice to see you again. Here I'll show you the room you will be in today," she said happily as she stood up from her seat.

"Thanks," Kayla said nervously. They walked down a couple of hallways before arriving at her room. When she walked in, it was completely empty except for the student's desk and her desk on the far side of the room by the windows.

"So here is your room. All of your classes will be in here so you can add personal touches to your desk if you want," Evelyn said as they walked further into the room. On the right was the front of the room where the smart boards were covering the chalkboards.

"Thank you for everything," Kayla said happily. She was beyond excited to get started.

"I know your starting really late in the semester and pretty much two weeks before Christmas break but might as well start now so you can get used to it and the students can get used to you as well," Evelyn said.

"That's okay. Might as well get started now. I'm beyond excited," Kayla said. She was still reeling about the night before and Colton leaving the house. No wonder they never resolved anything in his family; they always left the conversation and left it hanging.

"Okay well I have to get back to my office so if you need any help let me know," Evelyn said nicely as she walked out of the room. Kayla looked around the room and couldn't believe she was finally teaching. The bell rang and she breathed in heavily before all the students came into the room and her day began. By lunchtime Kayla was completely exhausted. She drove to one of the fast food places near the school to buy lunch and drove back to the school and joined most of the teachers in the teachers lounge. When she walked into the large room, she saw Mike, Adam, and Cassie, Jimmy, Harper sitting at a table together and they motioned for her to come and sit with them. She sat down with them and said hello to everyone.

"How is your first day going?" Jimmy asked as he ate some of his burger.

"It's going really well. I am really enjoying it," Kayla said happily. She was really enjoying her time here, this is what she loved doing.

"That's good," everyone said in unison. Everyone began talking about their own classes but Mike leaned over to Kayla and began asking questions about Colton again.

"Colton isn't here to follow you around?" he said jokingly. Kayla glared at him; she couldn't imagine spending an entire day with him right now.

"Yeah right. He has his own work to do," Kayla said as she at some of her wrap.