Chapter Twelve

Colton got up early and rushed off to work so he could spend the day designing his new hotels. When he arrived at 6:30am on the design floor Gabriella was already there.

"Morning," he said happily as he walked past her office. She looked up at him and instinctually smiled and put her head back down but then realized that Colton had just walked into the office and she walked out of her office hurriedly to catch up with him.

"You're here early," she said as she followed him to his design room.

"Yeah I thought I'd come in early since I wasn't in at all yesterday," Colton said as he stopped walking to let her catch up to him. When she caught up with him he could smell Chanel No. 5 on her and noticed how her eyes sparkled.

"Good thinking. We left everything the way it was. Anna came down yesterday informing us you weren't coming in and to not touch anything," she explained as Colton opened the door and motioned for her to go in.

"That's nice," he said simply as he took his suit jacket off and hung it on a chair and began rolling up his sleeves.

"Did you need any help with anything? You know I do have a degree in architecture, I may know I thing or two," she said smiling at him while sifting through his papers.

"You know I may take you up on that offer. But for right now I'm going to do it myself and then when I need your help you will be my first call," Colton said nicely as he sat on one of the chairs smiling at her.

"Okay, well let me know," she said as she smiled and walked back to her office. Colton watched her as she walked back to her office and then shook his head.

"You are married now," he whispered to himself as he began working on his design for the hotel. Kayla had woke up and realized Colton was not there, he must be surfing or at work. She got out of bed and let the dogs out of the house and made herself a bowl of cereal when the phone rang.

"Hello?" She said while staring at the TV.

"Hi, Kayla this is Evelyn from Harper. I wanted to call and congratulate you on becoming a new member of our school and also to let you know that this Friday the staff is having a get to know each other type of party and like a Christmas party at the school and you are of course invited," Evelyn explained cheerfully.

"Thank you, oh that's nice. Yeah sure I would love to go," Kayla said wondering why they were having it so late in the year.

"I'm sure your wondering why we are having it late in the year but we weren't able to have it before school because of vacations and things like that and we like to have all of our employees present," she explained nicely.

"Oh okay, that's nice. Yeah I was kind of wondering about the date," Kayla said.

"So it starts at 7 at the Manning Hotel in one of the large ballrooms, there will be a sign to guide you there. And spouses are more than welcome to come," she said nicely before she hung up.

"Awesome, I have to go out with Colton to my place of employment," she said to herself unamused. After Kayla put the phone away and had a shower her sister came over for one last visit before she flew to London.

"Hey," Kayla said as she walked down the stairs with a towel on her head.

"Hey," Ashley said as she took her coat off and hung it in the closet and walked in. They went into the living room and Rocky lay in his favorite spot on the end of the couch and Casey snuggled up close to Kayla.

"What time is your flight," Kayla asked solemnly, she didn't want her sister to go but she knew this was a huge opportunity for David.

"At 3am coming up," Ashley said trying to explain the weird time. "We didn't pick the flight time they picked it and thought it would be good to leave in the middle of the night." Ashley shrugged her shoulders; there was nothing she could do about it.