Chapter Five

Kayla had the most awkward sleep of her life that night. It was comfortable, the bed seemed to contort to her body movements but it was awkward because she didn't want to roll over and hit Colton. When 7am hit she got out of bed as quickly as possible and ran to the bathroom to get changed and get out of his house.

"Whoa! Kayla!" Colton said as he began to walk out of the shower. Kayla turned around and looked at him but quickly turned around to hide her eyes. She was blushing and she didn't want Colton to see her. Her heart was racing and she couldn't believe what she had seen. Colton just stood in the shower smirking at her not moving. He didn't know what to do.

"What are you doing up?" Kayla yelled at him struggling to cover her eyes but there were mirrors everywhere and there was no way she could uncover her eyes and not see him.

"I have to work. So if your just going to stand their can you pass me a towel, please," he said laughing. Kayla felt around for a towel, as she didn't want to open her eyes. She finally found it and threw it at Colton. He grabbed it and wrapped it around his waist and got out of the shower.

"You can open your eyes now," he said smiling. He walked out of the room and put on a pair of boxers and a pair of shorts and went downstairs and began cooking breakfast. Kayla could not believe she had just seen him naked and he didn't even flinch to cover himself up. He just stood there and watched her squirm.

"I'm cooking breakfast! How do you take your eggs?" Colton yelled from the bottom of the stairs. Kayla wanted to yell scrambled but she didn't want to stay and eat breakfast with him.

"It's okay! I don't need breakfast, I was just going to go," she yelled back. She was quickly trying to change into her clothes so she didn't have to spend too much time with him, especially now after their exchange in the bathroom. Colton shrugged his shoulders and continued to make breakfast. When Kayla was done getting ready she walked downstairs and walked into the kitchen where Colton was making breakfast. There were two plates out and he was putting bacon, toast, pancakes and scrambled eggs on both plates. She was staring at the breakfast and couldn't believe he actually knew how to cook.

"I couldn't let you leave my house hungry. Scrambled eggs are my favorite so I hope you don't mind. Do you drink orange juice or milk with your breakfast?" He said turning around and opening the fridge and looking back at her.

"Orange juice please," Kayla, said absent-mindedly while sitting down on one of the stools. Colton poured her a glass of orange juice and handed it to her.

"Oh, your suitcase was left in the rental so I grabbed it before my assistant brought it back to the dealer," he said picking at his food and turning the TV on.

"Oh okay thank you. I totally forgot about it," Kayla said quietly. She ate some of her eggs and they were delicious. They ate breakfast in silence while the TV played ESPN and when Kayla was done she washed her dishes. They sat close together; close enough to touch but far enough way where Kayla felt comfortable. She didn't like being close to him all the time because she didn't want to get used to him being there. She did not want to have to rely on him like she did with Nate. Nor did she want to rely on him because she didn't want to be with him. She was conflicted in everyway: she didn't want to be with Colton, but she also didn't want to get divorced. It wasn't just her parents wishes it was hers as well.

"Thank you for breakfast. I'll just grab my stuff and go I guess," she said as she walked out of the kitchen towards the front door.

"Umm okay your welcome. Don't forget we have ring shopping at 1 and how are you planning on getting home? A cab or are you walking?" Colton said smiling as he walked toward the door to help her with her luggage.