Chapter Seventeen

When they both heard the alarm go off, Colton rolled over and sat up. Kayla looked at him and got out of bed and went into the shower. Colton quietly went downstairs and let the dogs out and began cooking breakfast for both of them. When Kayla had gotten out of the shower she changed into a pair of jeans and a purple blouse and went downstairs to join Colton for breakfast. When she arrived in the kitchen Colton had put her omelets on a plate for her and poured her some orange juice.

"Awe thank you for making me breakfast," she said happily as she joined him at the table.

"Your welcome. Just my way of saying good luck at school since I didn't make you breakfast yesterday," he said smiling back at her. She thought that was sweet of him; he actually cared about her. They sat in silence as they ate their breakfast and Kayla cleaned up while Colton went upstairs to change into his suit. When he came down, the dogs were in the house and both he and Kayla left for work. As they were climbing into their vehicles Kayla looked up at Jennifer and Bryan's house and noticed Jennifer sitting in her first floor living room in the couch attempting to watch TV but staring outside at them. She waved when she saw Kayla staring at her and Kayla waved back.

"Whom are you waving at?" Colton asked staring at her.

"Jennifer is watching us again. But don't look!" Kayla said quickly as Colton was moving his head around to look. He quickly snapped his head back to looking at Kayla.

"Anyway I was thinking of staying late at work so you can just go to your parents place for dinner," Colton said trying to get out of dinner but he could tell Kayla was not buying it.

"Yeah no way am I going there by myself. If you don't come my dad will just be like he's so irresponsible and everything. No, you are not leaving me hanging. Be home by 5 so we can be there by 6," Kayla demanded. Colton hung his head as he opened the door to his car.

"Fine," he said disappointed that he couldn't get out of the dinner.

"Good. See you after work then," Kayla said as she got into her car and drove off. Colton backed out of the driveway and drove in the opposite direction to his office. Colton picks up some coffee before heading to the office and when he finally arrives he sees Gabriella already in his design room looking at the blueprints.

"Here I brought coffee," Colton said as he walked in the door. Gabriella turned around and smiled at him.

"Oh my gosh, that's amazing. Just what I needed," she said excitedly as Colton handed her a cup of coffee. He took his out of the tray and stood by Gabriella.

"Okay so we have a couple more hotels done but we need to finish all of these by the end of the week," Colton said sipping his coffee. Gabriella sighed; that was going to be a lot of work.

"I think we can get it done," she said optimistically. She grabbed a pencil and a chair and sat down and began looking over one of the hotels.

"So do I," Colton said smiling at her as he walked to the opposite side of the table and sat down and picked up his pencil.

"Did you want to go out for lunch today?" Colton asked as he was drawing something.

"Sure," Gabriella said. "There's this new place down the street from here, we can just walk. It's super good." Colton looked up at her and she smiled at him. He still couldn't believe how gorgeous she was.

"Sounds good to me," Colton said looking back down to continue his drawing. They worked silently and without interruption until 1 o'clock when Colton began to get hungry.

"Ready to go for lunch?" He said excitedly.

"I thought you would never ask," she said as she jumped out of her chair. They walked down the hallway and Gabriella grabbed her purse from her office and then caught up with Colton at the elevator.