Chapter Seven

Kayla went to the liquor store and picked up a bunch of empty boxes to start packing up her stuff Friday after her classes were finished. She brought them up to her apartment and started putting her belongings into the boxes. She didn't know what she needed to bring and what she needed to keep at her apartment. She didn't want to bring photographs or anything that was too personal. His house didn't feel like a home to her yet and she didn't know if it ever would. She heard the key in the lock and in walked her mother and sister. They had showed up after she was done packing up her kitchen. 

"Nice of you to join me," Kayla said smiling as they walked in the door. She was lifting another box of plates and bowls onto the chair in her living room. Ashley and Jane walked further into the house and tiptoed around all of the boxes lying on the floor.

"Wow, you have got a lot done," Ashley said impressed picking up an empty box.

"Yeah, well someone has to get it done and Colton won't help. He's just sending the moving truck and is going to be golfing or something while I unpack on Sunday," Kayla said sighing with disappoint while she attempted to lift a large box onto the couch. Ashley came over and helped her sister pick up the box.

"He's not coming to help?" Jane asked confused as she started to move boxes into Kayla's room to pack her clothes.

"No, he said that packing wasn't his thing and that he paid people to do it for him so he didn't have to waste his time," Kayla said angrily. "Like his time is so precious anyway." She began mumbling incoherently under her breath as she walked into her closet and began taking her clothes out and folding them into boxes. Jane and Ashley looked at each other.

"So he pretty much said do it yourself and I'm not helping," Ashley said grabbing shoes from Kayla's shoe rack and putting them in one of her large suitcases.

"Yeah, pretty much," Kayla said shaking her head and folding all her pants and putting them into one of the boxes. They packed up all her clothes and bedding and all those boxes joined the kitchen boxes in the living room. Kayla thought about what she was doing as she was moving her stuff around. How could she just move into a guy's house that she didn't really know and live with him? How did she even get herself into this mess? Everyone, she knew, was judging her. How could she move in with this billionaire guy who she didn't particularly like? She knew that at some point during their relationship they would have to get along and move in together but she didn't want it to happen so quickly. Or did she? There was a moment when she had walked out of the dinner the night before when she was mobbed by paparazzi and she missed Colton. She needed him to be there to protect her and shield her from these people. And when he did come, she felt relieved. She felt safe when he put his arm around her and pulled her to car. She felt protected when he was standing next to her.

"Kayla. Kayla, mom and I are going to go. It's like 1am and we are both tired," Ashley said shaking her sister's shoulder. Kayla looked up at Ashley and stood up.

"Oh, yeah okay. I totally lost track of time," Kayla said still in a daze.

"Yeah we could tell. What were you thinking about anyway?" Jane asked smiling.

"Umm, nothing. Just packing up all my stuff and moving out of here is weird," Kayla said smiling. Jane and Ashley walked to the door and put their jackets on.

"Thanks for coming over and helping me pack and everything," Kayla said as she hugged her mother and her sister.

"Your welcome, have a good sleep and we can come to the beach house and help you unpack if Colton won't help," Jane said as they walked out of the door. Kayla shut the door and went back into her empty apartment and looked around. It was weird that she was moving out, she had been in this apartment for four years and now she was leaving to live with Colton Manning, billionaire playboy, in his beach house because they were married. She just couldn't wrap her head around it. She decided, that since she had finished packing, she would call Colton and let him know that she needed the movers to come in the morning so she could pack up the rest of her stuff. Or she could just call the movers herself, but he offered to call so she thought she would let him do it. She had to find her phone and it was somewhere in the apartment. She looked around and in boxes and eventually remembered she had thrown it on her bed. She found it hiding under her covers and crawled underneath as she called Colton.