Chapter Two

Kayla opened her eyes and looked around the hotel room she was in. This was not the hotel room she had paid for. This room was much nicer than the room she had booked for the weekend. The windows were very large and the curtains black. The bed was huge, much bigger than the one she had in her room. Her head was pounding and her vision was blurry. Her body hurt and she realized why she didn't go out and drink as much as she used to. She couldn't handle the hangovers anymore. She could feel the white soft covers against her naked body and wondered why she would be sleeping naked in her own room. Wait. She finally realized that she was not in her own room or her own bed. She sat up quickly and she felt incredibly dizzy so she lay back down to try and think about what happened last night. Everything was a blank; she remembered going to the bar after dinner and having a few shots but afterwards she couldn't remember anything.

Something, no, someone beside her rolled around and groaned a little and pulled the covers further up to their face. Kayla was shocked. Her heart began beating faster and faster and her palms began to sweat. She was nervous and scared. She had never done anything like this before and her first night out after becoming single she sleeps with the first person she can. She was disgusted with herself and almost a little proud of herself for being so open. But then the groaning brought her back to reality and she looked to the left of her. There was someone else sharing this bed and she had no idea who it was. Kayla quickly stood up and grabbed the closest thing to her: a man's white dress shirt. She quickly buttoned it up and tiptoed around the large king size bed to see who was lying in the bed next to her. She could see brown hair sticking out from under the covers and the gold watch laying on the bedside table that was utterly familiar to her. She walked up closer and lifted the covers a bit. It was Colton. He was naked as well and slept soundly in the big bed. His tanned skin was on show but Kayla noticed a few scars on his otherwise perfectly sculpted torso. His breathing was even and he looked different when he slept. He was less stern and calmer, almost happier. Then reality hit her again and she was shocked, and so angry with herself. She walked into the large en suite bathroom and attempted to clean herself up quietly before Colton woke up. With any luck he didn't remember what happened either.

She looked at herself in the mirror and began to cry. She didn't know why the tears came but they fell and there was nothing she could do to stop them. It took her a few minutes to calm down and while she was fixing her hair and makeup in the mirror, she realized she had on an extra piece of jewelry, a small diamond ring on her left ring finger. She looked at it closer and saw the small diamond in the middle and the white gold band that wrapped around her skinny finger. Kayla then realized the only reason she would have a ring like this on that finger were if.... She became sick with worry and anxiety and ran out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom and began yelling and freaking out.

"Oh my God! Oh my God! What is this ring doing on my finger? What is that ring doing on your finger! Get out of bed Colton this is serious, what did we do last night? I don't even remember! Get up Colton! I'm serious!" Kayla screamed. She was panicking. She couldn't believe she had missed the gold band around Colton's left ring finger when she had lifted up the covers earlier. Why were they wearing wedding rings? She ripped the covers off the bed to get Colton up and he sat up immediately covering himself as a reflex. She was pacing around the room trying to figure the night out, going through his pockets and through her purse. It was just like a scene from The Hangover. Colton just scratched his head a little bit and fell back on his pillow he was naked as well. She threw him boxers that were lying on the floor. She couldn't look away from him. His body was just as hot as her friends had said and he was permanently tanned. He had a six pack and incredibly muscular arms and back. Colton got out of bed while Kayla was rushing around the room changing into her clothes and trying to find her phone and her purse.