2.5 months before

Gideon and Dai have been dealing with the fact that what could have been wasn't.

Gideon has isolated himself, too scared that if he leaves, he'll see his angel on the light and warmth the sun irradiates. Dai has been going to classes but feeling distracted because she keeps waiting for a text or something explaining why she was stood up.

They both knew that this was a onetime chance for what they wanted and wished for the most.

----------------

Dai has been feeling down lately so like any normal human, she drowns herself in ice cream and watches sad romantic movies. That's been her routine for the past couple weeks and her best friend is getting worried. She's never been like this about anyone nonetheless someone she had met so little time prior. But she felt like part of her soul was ripped away, like she can't breathe anymore. She sometimes lies awake with her eyes closed scared that she opens them she'll have to face the reality.

After a couple days she decides that she needs to go out, clear her head and so she does and she goes for a walk, she always thought that nature helped ease her mind. As she is walking through a forest she is being filled with the scent of freshness and life, the leaves on the trees look greener than ever before, the water from a little river the clearest she has ever seen, she feels so utterly amazed and filled with nature but something is missing, someone, someone who can share this with her, someone that will help her if she falls, someone to bring her back up. While trying to shake these last thoughts she goes to her favourite coffee shop cause coffee and some baked goods can cure anything, even loneliness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gideon is just getting ready to leave his house when something in the air changes, he can't tell you what changed but something did and he is hit with the sensation that he must get a coffee, he hasn't drunk one since he stood Dai up but a part of him knows he has to and so he finishes getting dressed and flies out the door towards the little coffee shop that holds so much meaning.

They both arrive at the same time but they don't seem to see each other, it's like they are in different realms, at the same time, in the same place but in different universes. Until they bump into each other like the first-time except this time they don't continue on with their day like nothing has changed because they are strangers that know a little too much.

Gideon has a thousand words going through his head but all he can say is "Sorry", it doesn't appear to be much and Dai has heard those same words a million times but never had they sounded so honest and meant.

They go to sit at a table, not uttering a single word, just following their instinct since it was the one who pulled them back together. They drink silently, stealing glances when the other is too busy.

Dai can't take this anymore and she just feels like screaming, instead she just asks "Why?" in the most innocent sweet voice.

Gideon is taken back but he answers the sincerest way possible.

"I was scared, I waited at your door but I wasn't able to ring the bell. You're way better than what I deserve. You deserve so much more and I don't think I'm enough"

Dai is shocked by the confession, she's been wondering for the past two weeks what had happen and never did she thought that it could be because Gideon was insecure. She feels a little dumb and bad for judging him so hard.

"I... It's okay, I understand but you could have told me that, you could have lied, I just needed a little warning because I felt so useless sitting down waiting for no one to come"

Now it's Gideon time to feel like shit, he never thought Dai cared. He thought it was all meaningless to her.

How communication can fail so much? They are humans and they seemed to forget the most important part of living with others.

"I know you probably don't have time but do you want to, maybe, go on that date right now? I just want to make it up to you" Gideon asked starting to get hope full again.

"I would love to" Dai answered trying to hide her first real smile in a long time. 

A/N

Although I already posted this week, I decided to post this chapter on the scheduled day because it wasn't your fault the other chapter wasn't posted last Thursday.

I hope you liked it. Don't forget to comment and vote.

Lots of love - venus xx