4 months before

Unknown p.o.v

I don't know what's been happening but lately I have been feeling watched and followed, like no matter where I go there is a shadow chasing me. It's probably just the stress from college pilling up but I can't shake away this unwanted sensation.

I have been walking down the street so focused on my thoughts that I almost pass the coffee shop I was meaning to go to. I've known about this little shop for a while now and I adore it. It's cosy and it reminds me of home and watching the rain falling through your window while sipping tea from your favourite cup. I come here at least once a week to forget about but problems, and I need exactly that right now. Between schoolwork and the constant state of anxiety I've been in I feel like I forgot what calmness felt like.

I order my usual, a cup of black tea, and sit by the window watching the clouds move through the sky, I hope it rains later, I miss the feeling of the droplets kissing my skin as I walk home.

When I look down from the sky, I notice someone standing on the other side of the road just looking at me, I can't really tell what they look like but I know I've seen that face somewhere.

...

After a couple hours I decide it's time to head back home and study a bit more, as I get up curiosity takes the best of me and I feel forced to look at the place the shadow was standing but, to my disappointment there is no one there.

I leave my save place and start to walk back to my place, it isn't raining, unfortunately, but it's a little bit cold so I have to close my coat to keep myself warm, as I'm walking I still feel observed, I just hope this feeling leaves me soon.

*1 week later*

As I'm walking out of class I see it again, the shadow staring at me and this time I decide to go up to them.

"I'm sorry but do we know each other?" I asked carefully.

"Not really, we bumped at the coffee shop last month." He answered looking embarrassed.

"And so you've been following me?"

"No, not at all." He looks nervous. "I guess we just live close to each other."

Okay, that makes sense and it does leave me a bit calmer.

"I'm Gideon, by the way." He says extending is hand.

I take it as I say "I'm Dai" 

A/N

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Lots of love - venus xx