Chapter Twenty One

Then Alex tried to call her but she didn't pick up. After 5 minutes of trying calling her, he went downstairs. Everyone was waiting for him and Ashley. But Ashley didn't show up.
"Where is she?", Asked Ella.
Alex stayed silent for a moment but then replied, " I don't know. She.. she just felt dizzy and then left."

After the party, Ella told his boyfriend to leave because she wanted to talk to Alex privately and he did leave.
"Aren't he gonna get worried?"
"Worried about what?"
"You and me, alone, I mean.."
"Ugh, no! You are my friend Alex and he believes both you and me. Don't worry."
"Well, that's fine." And then after a pause she asked, "What happened?"
Alex suddenly shuddered. "When?"
"Up in your room. With Ashley. What happened? Did you guys fight?"
"No! I already told you.", Alex felt nervous.
"Don't lie to me." And then she looked at his eyes.
"Okay! Okay! I'm gonna tell the truth, but just wait!"
And then Alex left the room and took two beers.

"Well, I faced her.", Alex whispered.

"What?", surprise filled on Ella's face.

"Yes. I did. I faced her, and I told her everything I feel.", and Alex took a deep breath.

"Then?", Ella filled full with concern.

Alex stayed silent. He didn't know what to tell. But finally he decided to tell everything he came to know.

Ella shouted, "What?", and after pause, "That means she had feelings for you this whole time? And Ethan marrying her was just a lie?"

Alex took a deep breath, "Looks like it. But the ring was real and I think then the marriage did cancel but she just took it up to hear it from me! Oh my god! How could she do that?"

"Don't blame her! You also did the same thing! You also never told her just waited for her to tell you! Until now.", Ella defended Ashley.

"Are you defending her? Seriously? I have gone through a lot Ella! Just because of her lies. I had to leave everything just because of a lie!", Alex shouted.

"Yeah and she and everyone else was so much worried for you, everyone was shocked, everyone was missing you because you couldn't tell her how you felt about her and you ran away like a coward!", and then Ella got what she did.

Alex's face was red and eyes were like they were gonna burst. But he said calmly controlling all the rage, "Thank you for making me realize, Ella, that I was a coward. Not only I was but I still am! And that's because I couldn't be selfish with the girl I love. I wanted her to be happy with him, because I never even got a hint that she liked her, so I wanted her to be happy. But all of that was a lie and now I am a coward. Wow! Awesome! I love it!"

"I didn't mean that. Forgive me. I just wanted to say it was not her fault the way you think it is.", Ella tried to convince him but he didn't.

"Just stop! All of you are the same! You just couldn't let me move on! You left me the moment I wanted you. I just started to move on but you, screwed it all!", Alex felt reckless.

"Alex stop!"

"No! Today I'm not gonna stop. I am broken, more than I've ever been. It is all on her and you. I always thought it was my fault what happened to you, but no. You did this to me! You just could've trust me! But your ego was more important to you than me!", and he felt like losing his mind.

These words did hurt Ella more than anything but she sat there, listening to him and looking right at him. After saying all this Alex wasn't able to look her in the eye.

Ella took a deep breath and started packing her things.

"Where are you going?", Alex felt fear eating him.

"Where I belong. And one more thing. You are mad at me bacuse I didn't let you use me to move on from your childhood sweetheart! Fine. You know what? She did the right thing. She just wanted you to tell her the truth and you ran. After you came back I thought to be good to you after every day I cried at night because of you, but, I was wrong. I can't help you Alex. You don't even know what you want! How can I know that? I tried to help you, be nice to you, understand you. But I'm sorry! Now I just pity you! I cannot help you. Goodbye.", and Ella started to walk towards the door.

"Hey, Ella, please don't leave me. I was angry. You know I didn't mean it. I am sorry. I don't want this. Please.", his voice broke.

"You don't know what you want. Just understand yourself. Then it'll all be okay."

And she left. Alex sat on the couch, all alone, after he felt like he lost all of his friends.