Chapter Fifteen

After a long pause while they were walking, Alex finally spoke, "Hey, Ash!"
"Yeah.", Ashley was deep in her thoughts. "What?"
"Nothing. You are just so silent. I'm not used to this.", Alex felt shy after saying this. He was trying to make things good again.
"Yeah I know. I'm different now, I talk less nowdays because two years ago I lost the person with whom I used to share everything. You know, I have no one to talk to since then because my mom is not so friendly like your, you know. So I just keep things upto myself. That's why I'm quite nowdays. Even, I got get easily angry nowdays."
And Alex's face went red after hearing all these. He felt a stone of guilt. It was more than he thought.
"Hey, don't get sad. I'm not blaming you for anything. You had your own reasons, you don't have to say those to me. But, I felt anger after a long. Thanks Alex. Thank you for tolerating my anger."
Alex's face started changing colors.
"Ash, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I... I just don't know what I did why I did. I missed you."
Amd Alex's face was the most innocent and convincing one to Ashley at that moment that she wasn't able to be angry at him, not anymore.
"Aww! It's ok. I'm not mad at you." But she didn't admit it that she missed him too. It was too soon for her to admit.

And there was a pause, a 2 minutes pause. And then, Alex asked the mose awkward question in the most awkward moment.
"You said that you had no one to talk to. What about Ethan?", he tried to be cheerful
And Ashley's face went cheerful to sad.
"I broke up with him."
"What? When? Why?", Alex didn't know what he was feeling but it was a surprising idea to him. He was mostly surprised.
"I don't wanna talk about it." And Alex felt sorry about asking.
"I'm sorry.", were the words he only could say.

And then Ashley's house arrived. Both of them waved goodbyes and then before Ashley shut her door, Alex called her name and she turned around.
"Can we meet tommorow?", and Alex felt that he would get cruel rejection.
"2 pm, at Grinders. Bye."
And both of them felt glimpses of good old days.

[Well this is a short chapter though. But I wanna tell you something. I'm the author of this story and I wanna know your thoughts about my story. If you guys are reading this chapter and like it then make sure that you've read all the fourteen chapters before and if you like this then vote and comment. I'm getting good amount of views but less support and I'm disappointed. This is my first novel and I will be jubilant if you guys support me. Well, thank you for reading ;) I'll update next chapter soon. Cherish Alex and Ashley's friendship, xo.
                        ~with love, Cressida                 ]