Chapter Two

The next day, it felt less bad. Alex woke up with a severe headache. Maybe because of the mental torment he gave himself the previous night by thinking about every possibilities which could've been happened after he left. He got up with his heavy head and suddenly a thing got his eyes, an album, his high school album. He opened it up and it memorize him of his golden days. It was too much for him to take at that moment so he got out of his room, took some coffee.

Again, he got out, it was a sunny day, but his mind was not. His mind again wanted to open the door of his memories, so he sat down, on a bench, because he knew he couldn't resist.

It was two and a half years ago, when Alex and Ashley were in the same college and with many others from their high school like Eddie, Mike, Jessica, Fred, Christina. All of them were the best group in the college, but the only difference was that Ashley and Alex had no dating history. It was because maybe they always spent time with each other so never got to look at anyone else. Though Ashley liked a guy in high school but then he left town so she never got the chance. And Alex had one sided feelings for a girl but as he was shy it never ended up. In college everyone made fun of the two, some even doubted that maybe Ashley and Alex were secretly dating. But it was so stupid for them.

So Ashley just thought of taking a chance, so she tried to pick up a guy she liked in college, Ethan, and Alex always supported her. In a college party night, Ashley and Ethan kissed for the first time and it was a heavenly feeling for her, though it was her first kiss. That night everyone supported them, but it was something else for Alex. Even if he wanted it, he did not feel good about it. He always felt so overprotective about her.

The days after that were not quiet good for Alex. Ashley spent most of her time with Ethan and so being bored, Alex spent most of his time with his band SUNSHINE. Alex was the main vocalist, Mike was the drummer, Jessica was keyboardist and Eddie guitarist. It was quiet a hard time for him without Ashley but he conducted his band at that time to covert his mind. After a time he just felt jealous of Ethan because he was getting all of her time. So he started ignoring her. She stopped coming to the café and the bridge, she just started to call him nightly to say what happened with Ethan, she was so in love. After a time, feeling replaced, Alex stopped picking up her phone and said that he was busy with his music. Soon it took her mind, and she tried to contact with Alex. But he was so much ignoring her that in college she didn't even look at her.

One day she just caught him in the corridor, "What's going on with you?", she murmured.
"What?", Alex replied as he didn't know what she was telling.
"You're not picking up my phone, replying my texts, talking to me in person. What is it?"
"Nothing, I'm just, uh, you know, busy with my music, my band, we're, uh, writing a song, so, that's it"
"Don't lie to me!", she shouted, "You know you can't lie to me! Talk to me, what is it?"
"Why do you even care for me all of a sudden? Does it even bother you?", he sounded pretty rude.
"What doesn't bother me?"
"After ignoring me for a long now you suddenly care for me and wanna know what's going on? Go away! Talk to your baby. He is your everything, so go."
It was so shocking for Ashley to realize that Alex was jealous of her, she didn't get it.

Ashley felt a heartbreak as Alex behaved like that so se went away. Alex also felt bad for hurting her but his ego kept him. Then, for weeks, they stopped talking. It was like a big stone dumping on their chest. But they kept going, Ashley continued hanging out with Ethan and Alex carried on his music projects.