Chapter Twelve

Alex wasn't able to sleep that night, and he terribly needed someone to talk. So he decided to text Ella, *Hey*
He was waiting for a reply and he just felt that Ella was the only friend he had then.
*Wassup?*, and the text relived his mind.
*Nothing, I'm just a bit bored.*
And then he didn't get a reply for 10 minutes. He really wanted to text her but he didn't want to disturb her. His decision was final, that he would never try to talk to Ashley again.

Then suddenly his phone vibrated, he looked at it and recieved the call without any second thought.
"Hey, what's wrong?" , and the voice from the other side of the phone comforted him. For the moment he felt like it was everything he needed at that moment.
"Nothing", but Alex's voice was not saying his words.
"Tell me what is wrong.", Ella gave a pressure on her voice.
And then Alex wasn't able to control his feelings or hide anything from her. He told her everything, every feeling of him. Then he felt shy about telling everything to Ella, maybe she would feel sad, but surprisingly, she didn't.
"Listen, Alex, don't be mad at her. She has anger issues, she didn't mean what she said. Maybe she was upsed or annoyed, that's why...", she didn't get to complete her sentence and Alex defended himself.
"She said it on purpose, she had no regret after she said that. I'm done Ella, I'm done with her. If she can't forgive me, let it be that way, I will never talk to her again.", and the last words hurt Alex too.
"You don't mean it, do you?", Ella had a sarcastic voice, and Alex was left speechless after that. He wasn't able to say it surely. But he was too much hurt. Rest of the evening Alex spent time talking to her and talked about different things. He was sure that he wasn't able to see Ashley anytime soon.

Ashley felt bad about Alex's hand. For the first time she felt bad for hurting Alex even if she didn't want to. She knew that Alex was a quiet guy and he showing anger meant it was out of his control. She knew that what Alex did was bad, really bad, and he didn't deserve forgiveness. But she didn't know his reason to go away, and she didn't want to know. She knew that she did not have to feel guilty for hurting him because he hurt her more. But she couldn't stop thinking about him. She wanted to talk to him, she saw the cut in his hand and she wanted to know if he was okay. After that day everyday Ashley started to go to Grinders and waited for Alex, but after a week, she understood that he was not gonna come. So she had to do something because Alex's thoughts were bothering her. So after sacrificing her on day sleep, she decided to show up to Alex's house. It was a difficult decision for her but maybe Alex was more important to her than her ego.

That day, in the evening, she showed up in front of his house. She was a bit nervous to knock the door but surprisingly before any second thought, she knocked the door. She was very nervous because it had been a while since she had came to the house. But then a the door opened and the face and it's compromising smile, took her nervousness away.
"Hey, Ashley darling! Oh my god! It's been a while!", Samantha giggled and hugged her. He cheerful voice was always Ashley's favorite.
"Hey, Aunt Sam, how are you?", Ashley sounded nervous.
"I'm fine dear! Where have you been all these months?"
And this question made her uncomfortable.
"Actually I was busy with my jobs so I didn't really have time to come. I'm sorry!", her voice was normal and cheerful again.
"It's okay, I remember last time you came was seven months ago, and that day also you asked the same question just after coming here, 'Any news of Alex?'. You didn't give up easily. Is everything okay with you and him now?", Samantha teased her, but Ashley wasn't able to smile. Her face went dark, she didn't say a word. Then Samantha understood.
"So......, you two are fighting, right?", her voice was teasing and serious.
"No, it's just... I can't forgive his too soon.", her voice was low.
"I know you can't, it's okay. Take your time.", and Ashley felt like Samantha was the most understanding person. Then she hugged her, her eyes full of emotion. Then Samantha kissed hee forehead and told her that Alex was in his room.