Chapter Thirteen

After that day, 3 days passed, and every single night, Alex used to think about what he said to her and immediately regretted it. He kinda felt that he should've apologized that day but what he did made him cringe always. And he couldn't take that guilt anymore. He thought that he had to do something.

That day after Ashley got inside her home, she cried more than an hour and decided that it was better for her mental health to ignore Alex. So she stopped attending Grinders and didn't try to think about Alex again. Her desire of getting her best friend back was killing her inside but she couldn't do it.

Ashley's worry about Alex's hand made Alex understand that she also cared for him. So he decided to meet Ashley and talk about things. But specifically he made himself capable of not overreacting. He understood that he had to be patient. So he texted Ashley a *Hey* and waited for a reply. In that day he texted many *Hey*s, *You busy?*, *Can we talk?*. and after that day, he realized that she was ignoring him so he directly called her. But as expected, she didn't pick up. So after many texts and calls, Alex felt sick, but didn't want to overreact. So te next day, he decided to go to Ashley's home.

The way to her home, Alex felt a big stone on his heart. But he made himself clear about what to do and what not. He took 2 minutes to make himself capable of knocking the door.

And then, the thing that he didn't want to happened, Ashley opened the door. And her face was full of surprise and disgust.
"What are you doing here?", her tone was full of suspicion. She didn't invite him in.
"I texted and called you many times but you didn't respond, so I had nothing to do?", he decided to sound polite and calm, whatever it takes.
"That's because I don't care , don't you get that? Does it even matter?"
"Yes it does, I want to talk to you!", Alex pleaded.
"This happens when both of the two are interested to talk right?", and Alex nodded to support Ashley, "And guess what? I'm not interested! So go away!"
And before Alex could say anything, Ashley's mother, Carol, walked pass Ashley and seeing Alex's face, she just smiled a bright smile.
"Wow! Alex! You're here! It's been a long darling! Come in! Ash! Why are you standing on the way? Let him in!", and before Ashley could say anything, she gave him space to come in. She was so obedient to to her mother, so she couldn't disobey her. But soon after that moment her mind filled full of disgust and embarrassment.

"Where were you? Take a seat. Come on Alex, don't act like you're new here! You're just like our son!", and embarrassment filled in both of their lungs so fast that Alex's face went red and Ashley wanted to go away from their. Carol was not known about their quarrels or anything, she thought that they were friends still, like before. So she started asking about everything.
"Where did you go?", and it was the most disturbing question that Ashley expected and Alex was embarrassed.
"U.S", this was the shortest answer to give.
"That's good. So how's your singing?"
"It's good."
"After you left, Ashley was so sad that you didn't say anything before leaving, she was even..", and Ashley stopped her.
"Stop it mom! Why are you telling all of this? Ugh, I'm leaving.", and her voice made Alex also feel bad.
"Don't leave! What is this behavior, Ash! Stay here!", and Ashley did stand still, leaning the wall.
Carol asked many questions, and was not known of the feud between the two and the negative energy passing through them every time their name was being said together.
After nearly fifteen minutes, she told Ashley to take Alex in her room and Ashley was relived at first, but then, tensed.

As soon as she got upstairs Alex followed her and then Ashley opened the front door of her room and indicated him to enter. He was going cool because he had to and was sure of not being angry. He sat on her study chair casually, and then saw Ashley was standing there, a foot away from him, gazing at him, with an angry face. Alex tried to play it cool.
"What?", Alex sounded normal and playful.
"What do you want Mister Alexander Davis?", her voice was full of anger and disgust.
"Well, Miss Ashley Cooper, you know what I want!", his voice was still cheerful.
"Stop... doing.... this!", and Ashley sat on her bed. "Stop playing whatever game you're playing!"
"I'm playing no game, I'm just trying to be polite and make things right. You know that you also miss me! You also want to be the best friend once you were! Don't you?", he was saying the right things and both of them knew that.
"Does it even matter to you? You are always busy being a freak when you have to be polite! And then! Boom! You're again the nice and cute Alex after hurting me like hell! And then you'll blame me! No Alex, I'm not a mood changing paranoia!", her voice was heavy and straight.
Alex smile, he wasn't angry, because he knew what she said, was right. He gave an convincing smile and said, "Go on, I'm not gonna stop you. Get everything out. You need it!"
But Alex's cheerful behavior made Ashley more messed up. She freaked out.
"You think that you can win me! Doing this over polite behavior! Stop doing this! Fight! I don't wanna take the burden by myself, hurting you. Today, if I do it again, again I will go to apologize to you and that time you'll fire and act like a different person. I will not be able to take that again! Why are you smiling? You freak!", and then Ashley punched on Alex's head.
"Ouch! What was that?", then Alex remembered, Ashley used to fight whenever she was angry more than anything.
"You think that you can hurt me anytime and I can't do anything! Take this! How about this? Doesn't it feel good?", and with those last three sentences, she slapped Alex 3 times. Alex was stunned. And then he backfired. He puched on her head. And it was harder.
"Ouuu! What did you do?", Ashley screamed.
"Feels good?", Alex was still cheering.
"You freak!", and then Ashley took his hand and took him out of the chair and then jumped on his and started punching him (it was not so stronger punches because she definitely didn't want to hurt him), pulling his hair, laying on the ground and he was doing the same. Both of them were taking their anger out of their veins. But then it went bad, a punch of Ashley did hur Alex's cheeks and a punch of Alex hurt Ashley's ear. Then Carol opened the room door and screamed,
"Oh my god! You two are still fighting like babies!"
And then both of the got up, embarrassed.
"You two really haven't changed! I remember, when you both were 5, you used to fight over a toy! Just like that!", and her voice went soft.
"But what is the reason now?", and with Carol's this question, Ashley fired, "He was acting like a freak!"
"But you punched me first!", and Carol just laughed.
"I'm bringing something to eat. Drink some juice!", and she put down the tray from her hand.
"I gotta go aunt Carol! I promise I'll eat next time I come!", and Alex got out of their house without any second thought.