Chapter Ten

His subconscious continued to knock him about if Ethan was gonna come or not. But all he thought about is how to knock off everyone's questions about his sudden disappearance, how to control his behavior and mainly, how to deal with Ashley and how to talk to her. Thinking about all of this, Alex remembered he was near the house. He parked the car and got out of it. Checking his appearance, he got ready to have a night.

After a long he was entering Ella's house, so definitely he was feeling a bit embarrassed but as he saw some familiar faces, his embarrassment got away. Ella clapped her hands as she saw Alex and everyone's attention shifted to him. In the party Ella, Max, Mike, Jessica, Eddie, Jenny and Ashley were familiar faces to Alex, he didn't know amy other people. As soon as he saw Ashley his mind moved to her but he was afraid to see Ethan with her but happily he didn't. Ella, Max and Alex had a brief conversation and Max was very nice to Alex. After a friend of Max called him Max got away and Alex asked Ella a embarrassing question.
"Does he know about.... um.. you and me?", Alex regretted it the moment he said it.
"What? You and me?", Ella was also confused.
"No, I mean, does ke know what happened between us?", he thought it was a stupid question.
"Oh, he knows, definitely.", Ella's style of relying was pretty normal but Alex's reaction to that said her everything.
"Don't worry, he is nice to everyone and he will never be mad at you. He is grateful to you because you did the right thing and because you left me, he got me, it's okay.", Ella's style of comforting was something.
"How do you always know what I think?", Alex chuckled.
"I just do. It's my talent."
Both of them laughed then and then Alex's eyes moved to Ashley. And Ella told him a simple, "Go to her."
Alex defended, "Stop doing this!"
"What?", Ella was shocked.
"Stop understanding me before I understand myself. It's sick.", and Alex has a cute smile on his face.
"It's my job. Go now."
And Ella pushed him towars Ashley. And Ashley was suddenly startled seeing him. He didn't know that he was coming.

Both of them looked away and was embarrassed to start a talk. Ashley wanted to go away, but she wasn't able to.
"Hey, what's up?", Alex finally managed to say.
"I'm fine. I didn't know you were coming, if I knew...", and Ashley stopped before she ended the sentence.
"What would you do? You would not come right!", Alex's voice was pretty normal but he was hurt.
"Yeah, you're right."
"I know."
"Did you know?"
"I know what?"
"That I was coming", and Alex's face answered this question and Ashley answered with a flow of disturbance, "Oh, of course you did!"

And then, there was a pause, a long pause, then Ashley finally managed to leave. She left dodging Alex's presence. And as soon as she got Ella she asked,
"You didn't tell me that you were inviting Alex?"
"It's nothing to talk about, he's my friend too.", Ella replied without any amusement in her voice.
"I thought that you guys.. didn't talk much. And I actually didn't know that you know he's here.", and Ashley sighed.
"I absolutely know he's here. And we're good. It was a mutual breakup and now I'm in a happy relationship. So no worry. He's my best friend still."
And Ashley felt suddent pinches on her body. The word 'best friend' hit her. But she managed to control her emotions and was really surprised with Ella's thoughts.
"You're self sorted girl.", Ashley cheered. Every time Ashley saw Ella she felt weird. She was always surprised by how nice and peaceful could Ella be. But she never knew the reason of Ella and Alex's breakup and the thought how much Ella was perfect for Alex made her cringe that she wanted to leave the party.

So she started going towards the front door of the house. But Jessica took her and didn't allow her to leave. She was really embarrassed and disturbed about everything. She never actually liked the party thing and Alex's presence was making it more difficult for her. But she managed herself. Every time her eyes met Alex's she felt fountains of emotions.

And Alex was telling his every friend the same story about why he left and where he was and what he was doing. He was tired and his tired eyes were always searching for his relaxation. Everytime Alex saw Ashley roaming he panicked of seeing Ethan, but he was happy that he didn't.

Ashley wanted to leave but she couldn't, so she was feeling a bit sick. And she was afraid of confronting Alex, again. So she tried to ignore him, but again, they faced each other and Alex tried to talk but Ashley got away. Alex was desperate to talk to her but he didn't want to disturb her, so, he didn't try to talk to her that day.

That day, Ashley got away from the party before the party ended, claiming that she was feeling sick. While driving home at night, Alex felt bit worried about Ashley. But he was feeling good about making everything good between Mike and Eddie. He made the band Sunshine reconcile again and it was one of the greatest thing happened to him after he came back home.